Art Director/Senior Digital Designer
Are you an exceptional visual designer who thrives on bringing digital brands to life? CarGurus offers a unique opportunity to make your mark on a significant consumer brand by bringing our visual design standards to the same level of excellence as our site functionality.
- Help define and implement design vision, guidelines, and processes
- Elevate CarGurus brand standards to better reflect our industry-leading value proposition and brand personality.
- Lead redesign of core site pages to bring CarGurus’ brand to life
- Develop strong brand style guidelines to enable the nimble UX design efforts of our front-end development team
- Serve as design lead for ongoing interpretation and evolution of our brand standards to support new applications across the business
- Multimedia designs – site pages, email templates, banner ads, design assets for content marketing and social media, you might even get to take your skills in offline media for a spin from time to time
- 7+ years digital graphic design experience, preferably working for consumer web brands
- Deep expertise in digital-first design with a focus on brand impact while never losing sight of the criticality of site functionality. If AB testing brand designs sounds wrong to you, CarGurus isn’t the right place for you
- Love of design; you stay current and ahead of design trends
- Ability to conceptualize design and campaign concepts, not just deliver pixel perfect creative against someone else’s ideas
- Highly collaborative and able to partner with a range of internal stakeholders within marketing, product, engineering and beyond
- A low ego approach to getting it right, you’re always open to constructive feedback
- Mastery of design tools – Illustrator, InDesign, PhotoShop, etc.
- Deadline-driven and highly results-oriented
- Appetite for jumping in as an individual contributor with the opportunity to build a team over time
- Degree in graphic design or a related field