Business Development Representative
HealthEdge is seeking a talented and competitive Business Development Representative who thrives in a well-defined market segment with an enterprise solution that has a multi-month sales cycle.The Business Development Representative is responsible for prospecting, qualifying and generating new sales leads to support the Regional Sales Executives. This individual will be a highly motivated, self-starter able to identify and develop new business prospects from multiple sources including inbound and outbound marketing campaigns, prospect lists, discovery and individual research. A dynamic personality with a drive to reach decision-makers is essential.
HealthEdge is an agile and innovative 21st century software company focused on providing next-generation, business-transforming technology products to the healthcare payor market. We enable our customers to radically innovate, drastically reduce costs, and efficiently address the business imperatives of the evolving healthcare economy. An award-winning company, HealthEdge is headquartered in Burlington, MA with a development office in Powell, OH.
- Source new sales opportunities through inbound and outbound lead follow-up
- Source new sales opportunities through research, outbound cold calls and emails
- Understand customer needs, behaviors and requirements based on company segmentation and value propositions
- Research accounts, identify key players and generate interest
- Qualify opportunities based upon outlined criteria
- Route and transition qualified opportunities to the appropriate sales executives for further development and closure
- Maintain and expand your database of prospects within your assigned territory
- Utilize in-house technologies to record and measure activities and results
- Performing all job functions consistent with HealthEdge policies and procedures, including those which govern handling PHI and PII.
- 3 to 5 years of proven inside sales and lead management experience
- Healthcare/care coordination/clinical payer and/or provider experience
- Track record of over-achieving established goals
- Strong phone presence and experience dialing many calls per day
- Experience working with Salesforce.com
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong listening and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- BA/BS degree or equivalent