Manager, Member Development
The Mass Technology Leadership Council (MassTLC) is the region’s leading technology association and the premier network for tech executives, entrepreneurs, investors, and policy leaders. Our mission is to accelerate innovation by connecting people from across the technology landscape, providing access to industry-leading content and ideas and offering a responsible for membership and sponsorship revenue growth accomplished through business development and direct sales in assigned territoriesplatform for visibility for member companies and their interests.
The Manager, Member Development is a key role in our organization, . As a creative and enthusiastic account manager, the person in this role makes connections with MassTLC members and non-members, sharing the benefits of membership in our community and offering opportunities to experience the organization. These efforts help to ensure optimal new customer experience and membership status.
This position also supports the work of engaging new members, keeping members actively aware of their benefits and opportunities to get involved, and notifying team members of any issues/concerns that could negatively impact customer satisfaction and likelihood of renewal.
The ideal candidate will be a motivated team player who possesses a positive, collaborative attitude, a high degree of attention to detail, professionalism, and drive. This position is based in our Burlington MassTLC office, and we offer our team great flexibility to set their own schedules.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and a cover letter explaining why you’re a good fit for this role to Kelley Duchesne: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here’s an overview of the responsibilities:
- Develop new member relationships by identifying and engaging high potential leads across a variety of verticals in Massachusetts technology and nurturing those leads into becoming active participants in our ecosystem
- Develop a strong pipeline for potential sponsors with both members and non-members
- Develop annual membership/sponsorship packages (bundles) for new members, showing MassTLC to be a strategic partner who helps companies achieve their goals
- Work closely with the member relations team to create annual sponsorship packages for current members
- Close new business deals with terms that meet defined success criteria and deliver results in line with financial targets and company strategy. This will include contract management and negotiations.
- Drive direct membership and sponsorship sales and achieve quotas in support of MassTLC’s revenue goals
Member Engagement and Retention
- Work closely with the Membership and Programs teams to ensure successful onboarding and launches of acquired new members and to maximize member involvement that mitigates risk of non-renewal
- Build relationships with the champions of top accounts to meet quarterly new membership and renewal quotas
- Regularly attend MassTLC and industry specific events to connect with members and build relationships in the technology community
- Develop and maintain industry knowledge in order to discuss key focus areas of technology and topics as defined by MassTLC
Desired skills and experience:
- 5+ years professional experience, including 3+ years technology sales, partner management, or business development experience in a high volume, fast-paced environment
- Bachelor's degree, ideally in business or related field
- Strong attention to detail, organizational abilities, ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, and passion for getting things done right and on time
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), presentation, and client / partner relationship management skills, as well as strong ability to influence and steer discussions to achieve desired outcomes
- Ability to identify and creatively solve problems to keep a partnership on track.
- You know how to remain collected in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and carry out responsibilities with minimal direction. And you thrive on forging new paths and have the courage to take calculated risks
- Positive and energetic, you demonstrate a strong sense of teamwork by working effectively, respectfully, and efficiently with our small team
- Strong Internet, email, and electronic document management skills. Knowledge of CRM systems is a plus. We use MemberZone