Member Engagement Specialist
The Mass Technology Leadership Council (MassTLC) is the region’s leading technology association and the premier network for tech executives, entrepreneurs, investors, and policy leaders. Our mission is to accelerate innovation by connecting people from across the technology landscape, providing access to industry-leading content and ideas and offering a platform for visibility for member companies and their interests.
The role of Member Engagement Specialist is essential to MassTLC’s success because the person in this position works to ensure that member companies are taking full advantage of the benefits available to them from our organization throughout the year. For new members, we help them engage in our programs to begin to receive value from their membership quickly and consistently. Our goal is to have active, plugged-in members who participate in our programming and stay with us year after year. Our ongoing work with returning members strengthens these relationships and shows members what’s new, as we’re often updating our programs.
This is a great role for an early career, mission driven individual, and will report to the vice president. To apply for this position, please submit your resume and a cover letter explaining why you’re a good fit for this role to Kelley Duchesne: email@example.com.
Here’s an overview of the responsibilities:
- Manage the relationships with the council’s members, collaborating with Membership and Program teams to create account plans and consistent outreach that fosters customer satisfaction and encourages maximum involvement in our programs
- Lead message development for Account Managers. Because we are working hard to ensure that our members are happy, our Programs and Membership teams also work directly with select member companies. This role will help to coordinate their outreach and maintain good record keeping, for consistency across the organization
- Develop and run email and other outreach campaigns to connect with and secure membership success and dues from companies and individuals
- Manage member onboarding, including new member welcomes, outreach, and monthly onboarding calls or webinars. Manage the member lifecycle, including annual renewals billing (with administrative support) each month
- Develop surveys to track customer satisfaction and renewal interest. Create regular renewal reporting and analysis of survey data
- 2+ years professional experience, including some technology industry account or relationship management
- Bachelor's degree, ideally in business or related field
- Strong attention to detail, organizational abilities, ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, and passion for getting things done right and on time
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills
- Ability to identify and creatively solve problems to keep a partnership on track.
- Positive and energetic, you demonstrate a strong sense of teamwork by working effectively, respectfully, and efficiently with our small team
- Strong Internet, email, and electronic document management skills. Knowledge of CRM systems is a plus. We use MemberZone