Network Solutions Engineer for cutting edge Network Management Software company - Burlington, MA
We are building the future of network engineering.
NetBrain is the market leader disrupting the network automation space. Our ground-breaking automation platform leverages the power of dynamic maps to provide CIOs and network teams with end-to-end network visibility while enabling adaptive automation across the organization’s physical, virtual and software-defined networks.
An immediate opportunity exists for a highly experienced and passionate Network Engineer who will be our Subject Matter Expert for all things network management/automation related. In this role you will be responsible for networking technologies and NetBrain features in front of internal engineers and thousands of network engineers from our enterprise customers globally. You will help revolutionize how Network Engineers carry out daily tasks. This is a highly visible role with interactions at all levels of the company as well as external customers.
What to expect:
- You will start by learning the NetBrain software and all of the online classes
- You will be working with the Lab team on new technologies such as SDN and data center virtualization
- Help define how NetBrain should support network technologies as a pioneer in the network management software space
- In 3-6 months, you will be collaborating with Marketing, Sales, and Engineering teams to design new NetBrain use cases to help enable the sales organization effectively deliver NetBrain solutions to perspective customers
- In roughly 9 months, you will master all NetBrain key use cases and features (that support these use cases) to become the Subject Matter Expert
What you get in return:
Since you will be working with many different internal teams and customers, and exposed to various customer networks, you will have the opportunity to continually be innovative with an evolving set of network and NetBrain technologies (SDN, data center virtualization, triggered network diagnosis, etc.) from NetBrain and other industry leaders.
You will get a strong sense of satisfaction from teaching customers how to automate many of their day-to-day network management tasks using NetBrain software.
You will be one of the first people to see and learn new features from major and minor releases throughout the year, and provide feedback to the development team.
- Design use cases to solve Network Engineers’ challenges, projects, and daily operational tasks
- Offer technical vision and guidance to existing and potential customers
- Champion the continued evolution of our lab environment to support comprehensive NetBrain use cases for existing product and future updates
- Provide feedback to engineering on revisions, improvement ideas, and/or new product development requests
- Collaborate with internal engineering teams on cross-team projects with best practices
- Stay on top of the latest network technologies and NetBrain feature sets
- Serve as the go-to person for in-depth knowledge of networking and NetBrain software
- Provide guidance throughout the sales process tackling the customer challenges through NetBrain use cases
- Train internal engineers on core NetBrain features and functions
- Create curriculum based on existing and newly created use cases
- Create and deliver technical presentations and demonstrations, in an effective manor, to internal and external customers
- Host seminars at NetBrain User Conferences
- Some travel to customer sites and tradeshows. No travel in the 1st 6 months, up to 15% travel thereafter
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field
- 8+ years of hands on experience managing large scale enterprise or MSP networks
- Must have a passion to learn and continually expand technical knowledge
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- CCIE certification is a plus
- Ability to travel up to 15%
At NetBrain Technologies, we’ve developed the first operating system for total network management. Leveraging our innovative software solution, network management becomes simple and visual through dynamic maps. Our mission is to empower network professionals, enhance IT collaboration and reduce the manual efforts associated with documenting and troubleshooting complex networks.
We offer a comprehensive total rewards package including: competitive salary, bonus plan, health, dental, and vision insurance, long-term and short-term disability, life insurance, and matching 401k plan. Additional perks offered include unlimited snacks, gourmet coffee and tea, onsite fitness center, game room, free Friday lunch, and more!