Principal Software Engineer - Data
We are looking for a Principal Software Engineer to join our growing Engineering team to provide technical leadership and execution focus, design and implement significant product capabilities, and mentor team members.
About Kyruus Engineering
At Kyruus Engineering, our teams own their products, from development to deployment, including monitoring and quality. As Kyruus engineers, we are continuously learning from and teaching each other. We value making the right design decisions, and invest our time to know what's right. We know that our work isn't done until our applications are configurable, supportable, monitored, secure, and analyzable to drive future product decisions. Most of all, we respect each other, enjoy working with each other, and have fun together!
What You'll Do
You will partner with Kyruus Product Managers to understand requirements and translate them into technology solutions with well defined delivery milestones. In addition to quality of features, you will measure success of technical solutions and implementations through the enablement of our Field Teams in the ease, efficiency, and seamless integration and deployment of these solutions for our customers. You will also make and communicate technical decisions that influence the product roadmap at Kyruus.
You'll be successful if:
- You are highly skilled in building commercial/enterprise software products, which you've gained through your 8+ years of relevant experience. If you have spent fewer than 8 years as an engineer, you have pushed yourself, investing your own time to quickly become highly skilled.
- You have experience in at least one of –
- developing search engines and/or recommendations systems and familiarity with NLP and ML techniques
- developing ETL tools and data management systems with knowledge of data cleansing, quality, and governance principles
- working with relational databases, writing SQL, designing schemas, and optimizing queries
- You are able to take uncertain requirements, ask the right questions to solidify them, and then break them down into the parts that you can build.
- You enjoy coding and have a proven track record of building stable, high quality, scalable components and services using established software design patterns, and you know why they are important.
- You take ownership of your deliverables and their quality. You are an advocate for Agile/Scrum methods. You and your teams always write comprehensive unit and functional tests.
- You function best as part of a team and you are passionate about mentoring team members.
- You are skilled at communicating your thoughts and designs to your teammates. In the spirit of continuous improvement, you provide timely and constructive feedback, and are open to receiving and acting on feedback provided to you.
You'll be amazing if you are all of the above, plus:
- You are an authority in Python, and are able to use Flask to build microservices.
- You have experience with performance optimization, parallelization, and distributed systems.
- You have used a variety of Amazon Web Services (e.g., EC2, S3, EMR, Lambda) to solve technical problems.
- You think continuous integration and monitoring is important, and have worked with tools such as Jenkins, NewRelic, and Sentry.
To Apply - Email resume to - Jbates@kyruus.com or apply online at https://www.kyruus.com/careers
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.