Director of Accounting
Due to our continued success, we are adding a Director of Accounting to our talented team. As the Director of Accounting you will lead the accounting team and report to the VP, Controller. You will be responsible for oversight of the general ledger and accounting operations on a day-to-day basis for our Rue La La and Gilt divisions. We are open to a Boston or New York City future location for this hire. The role is currently remote.
- Oversight and management of the general accounting function which includes all aspects of financial reporting including Revenue/Accounts Receivable, COGS/Inventory and Operating Expenses.
- Oversee and ensure efficient and timely month-end, quarterly and year-end close process which includes balance sheet reconciliations and analysis.
- Partner with Finance, Operations and other cross-functional teams to collect and share data to assist in presenting complete and accurate financial records.
- Develop and coach team members, responsible for supervision of small team of accountants.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance and/or Accounting required
- Masters Degree/CPA strongly preferred
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience gained in a combination of Big 4 public accounting and/or retail company
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in Retail or Consumer Markets preferred
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, internal controls and financial reporting required
- Well organized and capable of managing multiple projects in dynamic fast-paced environment
Rue Gilt Groupe combines world-class merchandising, technology and marketing to create the most engaging and satisfying online shopping experience available. Each day, 35+ million loyal Members turn to Rue La La and Gilt for everything from women, men and children’s apparel and accessories to home décor and exclusive experiences. Our approach to retail brings excitement to online shopping in a way that not only strategically supports our brand partners, but also inspires our Members daily.
This Company is an equal opportunity employer, and selects individuals best matched for the job based upon job-related qualifications regardless of race, religion, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status or any other
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Director
Job Function : Finance
Apply at: : https://boards.greenhouse.io/ruelala/jobs/2589346/#_app