Analyst, District Support
Curriculum Associates is a rapidly growing educational technology and publishing company committed to making classrooms better places for teachers and students. Located outside Boston, we are an innovative, collaborative, and mission-driven company that has been consistently recognized as a Boston Globe Top Workplace and a Boston Business Journal Best Place to Work.
We are seeking talented individuals with strong analytical skills to join our growing Custom Analytics Team. In this role, you’ll participate in a broad range of projects related to Curriculum Associates’ suite of assessment and instruction products.
The impact you’ll have:
- You’ll use SQL to query large relational, databases of student data to help inform schools’ instructional strategies.
- You’ll conduct data analyses to identify the “story” behind student data in response to educator questions and concerns.
- You’ll use your creativity to contribute ideas for the design of data visualizations and educator-facing reports.
- You’ll write clear and understandable internal- and educator-facing responses to inquiries based on analytical findings.
- You’ll create and maintain technical documentation for analytic procedures in tools like Confluence and GitHub.
What we’re looking for:
An ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- You are comfortable writing complex SQL queries, joining multiple tables within a large relational database.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills, ideally with experience communicating complex technical topics to lay audiences.
- You have proven ability to manage multiple complex projects while maintaining a high level of attention to detail.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and adapt to changing priorities as needs shift or critical customer issues arise.
- You have a degree in mathematics, data analytics, education, social sciences or related areas. A Master’s degree is strongly preferred.
We’d also love to see, though not required:
- Experience working with SAS programming language.
- Familiarity with the field of education, especially the current national K-12 curriculum and assessment landscape.
- Knowledge of educational measurement principles, including familiarity with psychometric concepts such as measurement error, validity, and reliability estimation and IRT.
Why join this team:
- There are opportunities for growth and learning in our rapidly expanding team.
- We are a close-knit group and strive to maintain a supportive, collaborative, welcoming, and fun working environment.
- We love to celebrate milestones with team-building activities and cake!
Required for the application:
- Cover letter required that speaks to your desire to work for Curriculum Associates and this specific role.
- Additional writing sample preferred but not required.
Location and more about us:
Curriculum Associates is a socially responsible, rapidly growing educational company located northwest of Boston, MA. Need a ride to our office in North Billerica? Our shuttle picks up from a number of Boston area "T" stops.
Please apply here: https://jobs.jobvite.com/curriculumassociates/job/oywvafwt