Board of Directors at Kids in Tech
We are seeking diverse leaders excited to continue and accelerate the groundbreaking work of the Kids in Tech. The Board of Directors is the governing body of Kids in Tech, and is responsible for providing oversight of governance and operations, legal compliance, public interest, and fundraising.
The Board will support the work of Kids in Tech and provide leadership and strategic governance. While the Executive Director (ED) leads day-to-day operations, the Board relationship is a collaborative partnership, and the appropriate involvement of the Board is both critical and expected.
Performance and financials
- Review and approve annual budget
- Review and approve auditor’s annual reports and financials including the 990
- Review KPIs
- Engagement in capital campaigns and representing the organization during specific activities such as event hosting and bespoke fundraising activities
- Review and approve amendments to bylaws, articles of incorporation, and any other legal documents or policies
- Write policies for conflict of interest, self-dealing, performance, etc.
- Review any breach of the bylaws and polices
- Review and approve plans for reorganization, asset sales and acquisition, major gifts, and major financing
- Review and approve major changes in benefits or compensation for top executives and all staff
- Discharge and replace board members
- Support core team, contractor, technical advisory board, and senior advisory board recruitment
- Approve major changes to HFI’s name and office address
- Keep records of all board activities and decisions
What we are looking for:
- Experienced leaders in their respective field with previous nonprofit board experience
- Leaders in their field, passionate about sustainable growth of Kids in Tech in the education and out of school time space space, including previous experience in fundraising and growing organizations to single-million dollar annual budgets.
- Experience in raising six-figure or higher contributions to nonprofits in the social impact sector
- Familiarity with innovative finance and capital for social good trends
- Individuals passionate about the work we do and motivated to advance our mission by contributing talents and expertise such as: finance, IT, fundraising, strategic planning, marketing, human resources, real estate, legal, business, management, and public relations.
- Individuals that understand and adhere to fiduciary duties and legal responsibilities such as:
- Duty of Care
- Duty of Loyalty
- Duty of Obedience
- Individuals able and committed to attending required quarterly meetings (90 minutes each, roughly every 3 months), and/or when significant decisions need to be made.
- Serve one at least one of the three board committees ( Governance, Internal or External Committee)
- Individuals that act in a manner that conforms to the organization’s Conflict of Interest and NDA Policies
- Individuals who contribute to and support an environment of mutual respect
Please e-mail a resume and letter of interest to the attention of Olu Ibrahim, CEO and Founder at email@example.com with subject line: Board Member Application.
You can learn more about the organization at: www.kidsintech.org
Job Type : Volunteer
Education Level : Not Applicable
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level, Director, Executive
Job Function : Development, Sales, General, Administrative, Customer Service
Apply at: : www.kidsintech.org