Business Generation Representative
We are currently hiring for a Business Generation Representative to support our Progress-Kinvey product line. This is a full time opportunity with great professional and financial growth potential! This role will be working in our Waltham, MA office.
The Business Generation Representative position is responsible for qualifying new business by phone, email and social media. Often the first point of contact with prospective customers, the Business Generation Representative has full responsibility for delivering a positive customer experience that will set the stage for continued engagement and growing interest in Progress technology and expertise.
The Business Generation Representative will interact with prospective customers via telephone, email and online chat. Leads result from direct customer requests for trial, demo or quote; marketing qualification based on lead scoring process; or others identified through marketing programs and/or prospect’s behavior.
- Manage inbound sales requests received via web, email, and phone
- Outbound prospecting to build pipeline for Inside and Field Sales Teams
- Review, contact, and qualify marketing-generated leads
- Generate sales by phone for defined new customer segments, from initial contact to signed agreement
- Collaborate with sales managers and sales teams to refine sales strategies and approaches
- Maintain and update Salesforce.com to accurately track all relative customer data, business insights, and record of interactions
- Use tools like DiscoverOrg, RainKing, LinkedIn Sales Navigator to identify and qualify decision makers who can utilize Progress solutions
- Make a minimum of 50 strategic outbound calls per day
- Articulate to customers the business and technical benefits of Progress solutions
- Interpret customer requirements, proactively act to identify solutions that meet customer needs
- Set discovery meeting appointments for Regional Sales Teams
- Work collaboratively with Regional Sales Managers / Inside Sales in territory planning
- Attend regular online and in-person product sessions to develop expertise in Progress products
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- 1-2 years Lead Generation or Sales Experience
- Enthusiastic, driven and confident
- Go-getter, disciplined and organized
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Competitive edge and thrives in a team environment
- Salesforce, RainKing, DiscoverOrg