Business Intelligence Engineer
The Role: Business Intelligence Engineer
We’re looking for…
The right person will play a pivotal role in enabling decision makers to leverage and understand the actions of millions of Rue La La users and brand partners. Will do so by working at the intersection of data, design and analysis by formulating and applying mathematical modeling and other optimization methods to develop and interpret information that assists management with decision making.
What you’ll accomplish…
- Take ownership in building and maintaining a relationship with internal customers of all levels and Product Managers to identify data and visualizations requirements to help monitor performance and discover new areas of innovation.
- Design, develop and distribute elegant and concise dashboards using Tableau to be consumed across the enterprise.
- Identify and understand the data needed to extract, transform and load data into the data warehouse in a clean, usable format using SQL queries for Oracle and Snowflake databases.
- Use existing python-based code along with SQL to clean data and transfer to the databases.
- Point person for governing datasets for correctness and completeness as well as troubleshooting data inconsistencies across data sources.
- Provide intelligent and clear solutions to adhoc business problems.
- Collaborate with others in the organization to ensure successful implementation of software deployments that affect their analytical needs.
- Present the results of mathematical modeling and data analysis to decision makers that may not be technically sound.
- Be an advocate for data visualizations and self-service analytics across 400+ users in our analytics community.
- Work directly with our data architect to introduce and implement the latest tools in technology to take our analytics team to the next level while using best practices and efficiencies.
- Lead and mentor co-ops and juniors on the team to help them learn technically as well as grow professionally.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor any type of work visas at this time
THE RIGHT FIT: You have…
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics or a related quantitative field and 4 years of experience in a data analytics field.
- Hands on experience creating data visualizations in Tableau
- Demonstrated understanding how to utilize Tableau features and performance tradeoffs including Level of Detail (LOD) calculations, blending and others
- Experience writing SQL queries to explore and review quality assurance of data
- Strong understanding of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) stack around databases such as S3, Athena, or Redshift.
- Strong knowledge of data warehousing fundamentals
- Experience with Extract, Transform and Load (ETL/ ELT) data including snowflake and oracle
- Experience building a data pipeline in snowflake
- Python experience in a data environment
- Coursework in Statistics, Computer Science, Linear Algebra, Econometrics and other quantitative principles
- Superior verbal and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively to users with different backgrounds and technical skills
- Robust analytical skills including a track record demonstrating an ability to find a needle in a haystack and being a team player who thrives in a collaborative environment, with a deep focus on customer service.
Rue Gilt Groupe combines world-class merchandising, technology and marketing to create the most engaging and satisfying online shopping experience available. Each day, 35+ million loyal Members turn to Rue La La and Gilt for everything from women, men and children's apparel and accessories to home décor and exclusive experiences. Our approach to retail brings excitement to online shopping in a way that not only strategically supports our brand partners, but also inspires our Members daily.
This Company is an equal opportunity employer, and selects individuals best matched for the job based upon job-related qualifications regardless of race, religion, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status or any other
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : ""
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : Engineering
Apply at: : https://boards.greenhouse.io/ruelala/jobs/2927010