Category Manager, Merchandise
The Category Manager, Merchandise position is a highly collaborative role that partners on cross-functional initiatives with Merchandising, Product Management, Marketing, and Technology to define the overarching strategy for Workhuman’s merchandise portfolio; what should our offering look like and our road map for how we get there. In this role, you will expand the assortment of eCommerce merchandise and develop a competitive strategy for the market. If you’re looking to make a significant impact on major company goals, including revenue and margin growth, all while gaining GM experience in eCommerce with exposure to leadership – then this job is for you!
Reporting to: Senior Category Manager, North America
Location: Framingham, MA
What You Will Be Doing:
- Lead merchandise supplier expansion strategy in US and Canada, developing new supplier pipeline for everyday catalog of bestsellers capitalizing on direct partnerships and improved COGS
- Develop and execute integrated merchandise strategy, building on existing foundation and determining optimal assortment offering to maximize revenue and profitability growth
- Conduct competitive and category analyses to identify new vendors and sourcing opportunities to expand and diversify assortment and build buying and negotiating power
- Build strategic relationships with vendors to source product, maximize our mutual business, and deliver on revenue and profitability goals
- Drive pricing and terms negotiations with vendors; coach and develop team around negotiations and persuasive communication skills
- Infuse analytics into our merchandise strategy to drive both strategic and day-to-day decisions, utilizing a combination of internal purchase and site metrics, market data and trends, and competitive analyses
- Identify opportunities for strategic expansion beyond current categories – including goods, services, and experiences that will excite our customers and differentiate us versus the competition
- Partner with E-Commerce Product and Technology teams to design and develop technology enhancements to support merchandise offering
- Lead process improvements across supplier integration and SKU management needs in partnership with Operations and Product
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to deliver on plans and constantly evolve our offering – including Sales, Customer Success, Product, Marketing, Creative, Operations, and Customer Service
- Serve as internal expert on our offering, industry trends, and ways to stay ahead of the competition
The Skills You Will Bring:
- 5+ years of Retail / E-Commerce / Merchandising or Consulting experience
- Excellent ability to negotiate with key stakeholders and C-suite level contacts from large companies and suppliers
- Highly collaborative
- Entrepreneurial leader who can both set the vision and the plan and execute on the details and get the job done
- Healthy balance of strategic and tactical skills
- Flexible self-starter who can make an impact with little structure or foundation
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Creative and innovative problem solving
- Articulate and persuasive communication skills, both written and verbal
Who We Are:
Culture creators. Visionaries. Innovators. Game changers and changemakers. A Unicorn or two … That’s who we are at Workhuman®. We love what we do because we’re shaping the future of work – and the world – through our people and global technology. We’re building cultures of gratitude and human connections for leading global brands – and that starts with our own. Here you can be yourself, learn and grow with some of the best people you’ll ever meet. Be inspired to do your best work, celebrate life’s most meaningful moments and truly experience the benefits of an award-winning workplace and caring culture rooted in respect and gratitude. This is the place where you can make a positive difference to colleagues, customers and the world every day. You might just be the next human we’re looking for – because all the things that make you human and unique are the very reasons you belong here!
Workhuman® is the world’s fastest-growing integrated Social Recognition® and continuous performance management platform. Our human applications are shaping the future of work by helping organizations connect culture to shared purpose. With a consistent stream of gratitude fueling unparalleled, provocative workplace data and human insights, Workhuman® Cloud is a critical software engine for global companies seeking to motivate and empower their people to do the best work of their lives. Workhuman® (formerly known as Globoforce) was founded in 1999 and is co-headquartered in Framingham, Mass., and Dublin, Ireland.
Workhuman® is used by millions of employees across 160 countries.
Our core values are; Respect, Determination, Innovation and Imagination.
We are #2 Great Place to Work in Ireland for the 2018 medium-sized workplace category and have been named one of the 2018 Top Places to Work in Massachusetts by the Boston Globe.
Check out our state-of-the-art offices in Framingham, MA and Dublin, Ireland.
Perks & Benefits for our Happy Healthy Humans:
- Comprehensive Health Plans
- Fully paid parental leave (12-week maternity/4-week paternity) effective day 1
- Peer-to-peer recognition program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Commuter bus from downtown Boston
- On-site fitness center
- Wellness rewards and reimbursements
- Fully stocked kitchen (cold brew on tap - snacks and coffee machines as far as the eye can see…)
- Regular celebrations for employees, families and special guests