Cloud Operations Engineer (Consumer Labs)
We are hiring for a Cloud Operations Engineer:
Come work on groundbreaking next-gen products in the Consumer Labs of the Consumer Business Unit (LifeLock + Norton).
You will be involved in all aspects of the product development and go-to-market process, including features specification, design, development, field engagement, and go-to-market strategies. This is truly an outstanding opportunity to combine your creativity, technical and business discernment in a tight-knit team that exudes innovation.
Does this sound fun and interesting? If so we'd love to talk to you!
- Specialize in creating and implementing cloud-based solutions.
- Work with the development team to provide assistance during the initial development phases.
- Create processes designed to measure system effectiveness and identify areas for improvement.
- Create processes intended to provide environment security.
- Create automated processes to provide information on current specifications.
- Stay abreast of new technologies in the field and provide recommendations to organizational management on new solutions.
- Oversee the selection of orchestration tooling, compliance audits, and reporting.
- Create and employ disaster recovery solutions and assist with continuous improvement activities.
- Oversee system monitoring solutions and assist field personnel with technical issues.
- Identify, correct, and enhance important software tools.
- Seek ways to enhance systems operations, with a focus on automation and cost minimization.
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or a related discipline to work as a cloud operations engineer.
- Strong communication skills in order to create and share work product with teammates.
- Superb technical skills and effective project management abilities.
- A strong background in Amazon Web Services (AWS) or a similar cloud platform; AWS certification is ideal.
- Familiarity with Cloud methodologies like PaaS and SaaS; Programming languages like Python; orchestration systems such as Chef; Azure IaaS servers.
NortonLifeLock is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and accessible environment for all employees. All employment decisions are based on merit, experience, and business needs, without regard to race, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth or related medical conditions), genetic information, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, military or veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local law. NortonLifeLock strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based on such protected characteristics and seeks to recruit the most talented candidates from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
We also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records. In addition, NortonLifeLock will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Learn more about pay transparency.