The Digital Forensic Analyst provides a variety of highly technical analyses including the collection, processing, preservation, analysis and presentation of computer related evidence. The analyst will assist with digital investigations in complex litigation cases, intellectual property theft, fraud and employee malpractices. The analyst will have knowledge and use forensic tools and investigative methodologies to find responsive data during investigation.
Principal duties and responsibilities
• Maintain the knowledge and ability to professionally perform internet or computer related investigations as well as the capability to collect and manage digital evidence onsite consistent with both state and federal court requirements
• The ability to collaborate with key stake holders to include Legal, HR, Internal Audit, Compliance and various Businesses
• Develop procedures and processes to analyze and categorize digital evidence/media
• General knowledge of network security controls and DLP solutions
• Follow industry standard forensic best practices while imaging, preserving, handling and transporting digital data
• Conduct investigative interviews and obtain statements in relation to computer evidence. Thoroughly document findings
• Law enforcement liaison – Serve as a central point of contact with law enforcement on cyber related risks and investigations
University level degree or equivalent experience in Engineering, Computer Science, Criminal Justice or IT. Security Certifications will be considered.
Minimum years of work experience:
• Provide forensic analysis on multiple computer and network platforms to include Windows and Linux Operating Systems, mobile devices and virtual machines
• Demonstrates a profound sense of ethics, integrity and confidentiality
• Familiarity with EnCase, Forensic Toolkit, Autopsy/Sleauthkit
• Knowledge of DLP solutions
• CISSP, SANS GCFA, CCE, CFCE, EnCase Certification;
• Familiarity with Microsoft 365.
• Familiarity with Mac forensics and scripting languages.