The Nuance Finance team is seeking a Director, Corporate FP&A to work out of our Burlington office once we return to our offices sometime later in 2021.
This is a highly valued and critical role with responsibility to provide strategic finance support directly to the CEO, CFO and Senior Leadership across the company on enterprise-wide, business segment and functional planning, analysis, forecasting and reporting. We are looking for a person that is comfortable both participating in discussions to drive smart business decisions and is willing to roll up their sleeves to do financial analysis and reporting. The position requires a high degree of accuracy, attention to detail, and self-motivation to be accountable to deliverables and deadlines. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, hands-on, results oriented, analytical finance leader who is comfortable in a fast-paced, growth environment, takes pride in their work, owns their responsibilities, and just cannot help but to improve the environment around them.
- Own all aspects of the company financial model, from the serviceable market opportunity and unit economic profile down to the P&L and all associated economic drivers, Cash Flow Statement and Balance Sheet. You are the financial subject matter expert for the consolidated financial statements.
- Provide financial leadership, insights and analysis to the CEO, CFO and Senior Leadership across the company. Your understanding of the business combined with your solid financial acumen and ability to analyze and draw insights from complex data sets is essential for sound decision making.
- Design and lead the multi-year, annual and quarterly planning and forecasting processes, coordinating with the Business Unit and Functional FP&A team. This involves building an innovative financial model supported by key trends, unit economics and performance metrics to build confidence in its accuracy. Your model is the critical foundation needed to understand how we achieve the desired growth objectives and where management needs to focus their attention.
- Develop and manage a weekly, monthly and quarterly management reporting cadence that provides continuous insight into the performance of the business, including trends, variances and risk assessments. Your reporting and communication of key messages ensures senior leadership maintains focus on what matters most and has an opportunity quickly remediate issues.
- Partner with the business and accounting to manage the monthly and quarterly close
- Partner with Investor Relations on drafting earnings materials and investor Q&A
- Lead G&A FP&A, providing financial leadership to our CFO, CHRO, and GC
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics or Accounting. Advanced degree and/or certification (MBA, MSF, MSA, CFA, CPA) preferred
- 12+ years of relevant experience and growth within technology business. Ideally with SaaS business model (experience transitioning from on-premise perpetual to cloud subscription model preferred)
- Demonstrated success in developing and executing financial planning, budgeting, and forecasting processes in a fast paced and complex organization
- Self-directed, self-motivated and demonstrated experience providing ideas and solutions to further business understanding – hunger for continuous learning
- Keen analytical acumen to evaluate and articulate the financial and operational impact of business model transitions
- Exemplifies initiative, intelligence, strong attention to detail, and integrity in striving for continuous process improvement
- Exceptional leadership and communication skills (written and verbal), strong business acumen and comfortable working with and building trusted relationships with all levels of an organization
- Expert level in Microsoft Excel, Hyperion (or equivalent EPM system) and BI tools
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Director
Job Function : Finance
Apply at: : https://www.nuance.com/about-us/careers/job-description.html/Director-Corporate-FP-A/57330