Director of Digital Strategy
Director of Digital Strategy
Director of Digital Strategy
Schedule: Full-time, 40 hours/week
Perkins School for the Blind, located near Boston, was the first school for the blind chartered in the United States in 1829. For over 180 years, Perkins School for the Blind has provided quality educational and residential services to students who are blind, visually impaired or deafblind, empowering them to reach their maximum potential. Perkins School for the Blind embraces diversity in ability, thought, culture and belief. We provide equal education and employment opportunities and value the unique talents and contributions of all of our students and staff.
The Director of Digital Strategy is responsible for developing and overseeing the execution of a strategy that ensures Perkins remains visible, relevant, competitive and impactful as digital continues to evolve the way people interact online. Reporting in to the Executive Director of Marketing, the Director plays a critical role in raising Perkins’ profile across the globe, engaging new and current customers, and leveraging digital to better serve our audiences. The Director has a hands-on role overseeing the implementation of strategy, working closely with staff whose job functions include social media, email marketing and web development. The Director also partners closely with the Content and Public Relations teams, relying on analytics to guide daily decision making and drive high performance for all marketing initiatives, as well as the Program Marketing team, identifying unmet needs and seeking out new ways to extend and innovate Perkins’ service offerings online.
In collaboration with each division of Perkins, the Director will:
- Develop a vision and related strategy that will best leverage digital in every business unit to enhance current offerings and explore potential new ones; adjust and update that vision to stay current as programs and technology evolve over time
- Oversee the implementation of that strategy, and drive the conversation within each business unit to utilize digital as a tool for mission success in every program area
- Add digital strategy perspective to the Program Marketing team’s efforts to identify unmet customer needs and seek out new ways to extend and innovate Perkins’ service offerings online, leveraging digital as a potential product, not just a communication and marketing tool
- Develop and refine Perkins’ social media strategy and oversee execution (e.g., manage real-time community interaction, identify opportunities for engagement, expand Perkins’ following on relevant platforms, develop ads and campaigns - both paid and organic - and integrate with the PR function)
- Develop and refine Perkins’ email marketing strategies and oversee execution to ensure cohesion with the One Perkins approach and that email communications and campaigns align with organizational priorities; in particular, work closely with Development to support their digital donor acquisition efforts and engagement campaigns
- Oversee Perkins’ public-facing digital properties to ensure an optimal customer experience and strong brand identity (e.g., visibility via SEO, clear navigation, consistent look/feel, expression of brand) in accordance with strategy
- Develop international digital strategy for brandraising and marketing of programs, products and services
- Develop and implement digital KPIs, measurement and reporting strategies to communicate the effectiveness of marketing initiatives; use analytics to adjust strategies as necessary to ensure high performance?Develop and execute strategy that prioritizes accessibility in all digital activities, ensuring all audiences can access our content and online services, and that Perkins’ digital assets serve as examples of accessibility best practices
The Director will support Perkins’ growth initiatives and key objectives, including raising the national profile; engaging new and current donors; strengthening brand reputation as the global expert in blindness education; expanding Perkins International’s work and reputation around the globe, particularly in India; and growing Perkins’ expertise as a B2B partner in inclusive design consulting for customer experience.
The successful candidate will be an individual who is passionate about Perkins’ mission and objectives, particularly its goal to create a more inclusive world. S/he will be an excellent communicator, skilled in relationship building, project management and working in cross-functional teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in digital marketing/multi-channel strategy role preferred.
Benefits: We provide a complete benefits package which includes tuition reimbursement, medical and dental insurance, LTD and Life insurance, retirement programs and staff development and training.
Perkins seeks to enhance its community of intellectually, culturally, and socially diverse individuals to enrich the educational experience of our students. Applicants from a multicultural background, are bilingual, and/or who have relevant life experience are encouraged to apply.
NOTICE OF NON-DISCRIMINATION
Perkins School for the Blind does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, national origin (including unlawful language proficiency requirements), age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, ancestry, disability, and military service in treatment or employment at Perkins, admission or access to Perkins, or any other aspect of the educational programs and activities that Perkins operates.
The following person(s) have been designated to handle inquiries and complaints regarding discrimination:
Name and Title: Michele Crews, Director of Human Resources
Address: 175 North Beacon Street, Watertown, MA 02472
Telephone Number: (617) 972-7671
E-mail Address: Michele.firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for this Job