The Event Marketing Manager will participate in the strategy, development and execution of Workhuman growing portfolio of external events – including executive forums, regional events, and our conference – with a focus on attendee experience, business impact and ROI.
This position will have end-to-end responsibility for event programs and participate with other team members on our paramount annual event Workhuman Live.
The ideal candidate should have the ability to see the big picture while simultaneously maintaining an astute attention to detail and the ability to execute with excellence. In addition to extensive event marketing experience, this position requires excellent project management and strong communication and organizational skills.
Reporting to: Senior Events Manager, Workhuman Live®
Location: Framingham, MA
What You Will Be Doing:
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to define and understand each event’s unique goals and objectives
- Support the overall strategic event plan, themes and experience
- Collaborate with key stakeholders across company
- Define event metrics and performance targets and connect to business results
- Determine fiscal requirements and preparation of budgetary recommendations, manage budget
- Coordinate with internal marketing team to secure event creative and content, including marketing assets, web and multimedia content
- Manage event marketing agency, vendor partners, and all associated roles in Workhuman, as needed
The Skills You Will Bring:
- Ability to think creatively and deliver a “WOW” event experience
- Demonstrated ability to align strategies with tactics and manage/orchestrate team resources to a timeline/deadline
- Demonstrated expert understanding of space and ability to translate needs into specs
- Independently plan, execute and manage all aspects of conferences, and other events including av, F & B, room blocks, BEOs, etc.
- Basic familiarity of production best practices, speaker management and formatting for optimal content experiences
- Ability to brainstorm and deliver experience programming for small and large events
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Exceptional program and budget management, negotiation, and organizational skills
- Ability to create and manage complex budgets and project timelines
- Ability to collaborate across departments
- Ability to accurately manage multiple long-term multi-stage projects in a time sensitive environment, on time and on budget
- Ability to lead teams, and execute flawlessly deploying best practices in event marketing
- Polished interpersonal skills; ability to work well with senior level internal stakeholders, high-level clients and sophisticated speakers, sponsors, partners, etc.
- Deliver concise communication and provide clear direction
- Ability to work cross-functionally to reach common project goals
- Travel required
- BA/BS degree or higher preferred
- Working understanding of registration and housing for large and intimate conferences, experience with agency partners and event business vendors
- Experience in contract negotiation
- Proven track record of event planning
- 5-7 years of events or programs marketing
Who We Are:
Culture creators. Visionaries. Innovators. Game changers and changemakers. A Unicorn or two … That’s who we are at Workhuman®. We love what we do because we’re shaping the future of work – and the world – through our people and global technology. We’re building cultures of gratitude and human connections for leading global brands – and that starts with our own. Here you can be yourself, learn, and grow with some of the best people you’ll ever meet. Be inspired to do your best work, celebrate life’s most meaningful moments, and truly experience the benefits of an award-winning workplace and caring culture rooted in respect and gratitude. This is the place where you can make a positive difference to colleagues, customers, and the world every day. You might just be the next human we’re looking for – because all the things that make you human and unique are the very reasons you belong here!
Workhuman® is designed for companies who wish to energize their cultures, unlock their employees’ passion and potential, and unite their workforce around a shared purpose. As the world’s fastest-growing social recognition and continuous performance management platform, our mission is to lead the movement to celebrate the power of humanity in the workplace through gratitude and peer-to-peer recognition. The Workhuman® Cloud uncovers provocative workplace data and human insights, delivering tangible results that are powered by our core belief — that the more motivated and valued employees are, the more they can perform the best work of their lives.