Events Manager - Contractor
We are seeking a dynamic, self-starter who is detail-minded, organized, and hands-on; someone who is outgoing with good people skills and customer service experienced. The ideal candidate should be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines, work individually, manage a planning team, contribute to group efforts and collaborate with multiple stakeholders, including customers and executives.
This includes logistical planning, working with venues, and collaborating with agencies. This position is based in Framingham, MA and requires travel for site visit and conference.
Reporting to: Director, Experiential Events
Location: Framingham, MA
What You Will Be Doing:
- Works seamlessly with the Experiential Events Department on our Workhuman Live event with WH colleagues, and suppliers to ensure connected, consistent, compliant and efficient delivery of services to clients and internal/external customers
- Provides inputs, manages or assists in the development of overall event. Responsibilities may include management of evening events, travel, internal registration, transportation, sponsor fulfillment, and overall logistics.
- Adapts communication style and response time to consider customer seniority, situation, and support dedicated planning approach
- Attendance at Workhuman Live and doing whatever is required on site.
- Support the execution of Workhuman events including, Workhuman Live, Workhuman Innovation Center, and other events as needed.
- Including: securing venue space, creation of registration badges, managing housing, packing and sending materials
- Maintain the events schedules, project checklist and processes along with other team members
- Develop staffing and pre-conference training schedules
- Work with vendor and transportation companies to ensure timely, cost effective execution and delivery of equipment and materials
- Develop and deliver pre and post event communication to internal team to ensure effective execution of staffing, housing, training and overall messaging
- As needed, manage lead retrieval systems during events and ensure processing of leads in CRM system and distribution to Salesforce.co
Career Level Expectations
- Requires analysis and solving of moderately complex problems; may need to assist with the creation of new solutions, leveraging and, where needed, adapting existing methods and procedures, or escalating as necessary
- Requires understanding of the strategic direction set by management as it relates to team goals
- Primary upward interaction is with direct supervisor; may interact with peers and leadership within Workhuman
- Manages project teams and collaborate with external agency
- Innovative and resourceful; actively seeks opportunities to improve meetings and events
The Skills You Will Bring:
- 8 years of meeting/event/conference planning experience
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Meeting and event planning or hotel background experience
- Bizzabo/OnPeak experience
- Knowledge of housing, registration, and travel as it relates to events
Who We Are:
Culture creators. Visionaries. Innovators. Game changers and changemakers. A Unicorn or two … That’s who we are at Workhuman®. We love what we do because we’re shaping the future of work – and the world – through our people and global technology. We’re building cultures of gratitude and human connections for leading global brands – and that starts with our own. Here you can be yourself, learn and grow with some of the best people you’ll ever meet. Be inspired to do your best work, celebrate life’s most meaningful moments and truly experience the benefits of an award-winning workplace and caring culture rooted in respect and gratitude. This is the place where you can make a positive difference to colleagues, customers and the world every day. You might just be the next human we’re looking for – because all the things that make you human and unique are the very reasons you belong here!
Workhuman® is the world’s fastest-growing integrated Social Recognition® and continuous performance management platform. Our human applications are shaping the future of work by helping organizations connect culture to shared purpose. With a consistent stream of gratitude fueling unparalleled, provocative workplace data and human insights, Workhuman® Cloud is a critical software engine for global companies seeking to motivate and empower their people to do the best work of their lives. Workhuman® (formerly known as Globoforce) was founded in 1999 and is co-headquartered in Framingham, Mass., and Dublin, Ireland.
Workhuman® is used by millions of employees across 160 countries.
Our core values are; Respect, Determination, Innovation and Imagination.
We are #2 Great Place to Work in Ireland for the 2018 medium-sized workplace category and have been named one of the 2018 Top Places to Work in Massachusetts by the Boston Globe.
Check out our state-of-the-art offices in Framingham, MA and Dublin, Ireland.
Perks & Benefits for our Happy Healthy Humans:
- Comprehensive Health Plans
- Fully paid parental leave (12-week maternity/4-week paternity) effective day 1
- Peer-to-peer recognition program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Commuter bus from downtown Boston
- On-site fitness center
- Wellness rewards and reimbursements
- Fully stocked kitchen (cold brew on tap - snacks and coffee machines as far as the eye can see…)
- Regular celebrations for employees, families and special guests