Sophos Overview – Cybersecurity Evolved
Sophos is a worldwide leader in next-generation cybersecurity, protecting more than 500,000 organizations and millions of consumers in more than 150 countries from today’s most advanced cyberthreats. Powered by threat intelligence, AI and machine learning from SophosLabs and SophosAI, Sophos delivers a broad portfolio of advanced products and services to secure users, networks and endpoints against ransomware, malware, exploits, phishing and the wide range of other cyberattacks. Sophos provides a single integrated cloud-based management console, Sophos Central – the centerpiece of an adaptive cybersecurity ecosystem that features a centralized data lake that leverages a rich set of open APIs available to customers, partners, developers, and other cybersecurity vendors. Sophos sells its products and services through reseller partners and managed service providers (MSPs) worldwide. Sophos is headquartered in Oxford, U.K. More information is available at www.sophos.com.
IT at Sophos delivers world-class IT applications, infrastructure, and services, enabling the delivery of the company vision and strategy. This department is led by a leadership team with extensive experience leading IT functions in the security industry, and our technical contributors are widely held as industry experts in their domain. We consistently encourage innovation and agility to foster best in class solutions. As a member of this team, we are committed to investing in your professional development to ensure you have opportunities to advance in your career.
Sophos is seeking a proactive, passionate and experienced MDM, Data Quality and Data Governance professional to lead and promote modern data and analytics governance policies, standards, processes and technologies for company-wide data, to achieve the required level of consistency, quality and protection to meet overall business needs. This role requires a mix of broad business and technical acumen, the ability to inspire and influence decisions, and effective skills to communicate with key stakeholders
- Partner with the user community to identify their business requirements, analyze business processes, analyze source system data, produce functional specifications, data flows and business rules, and assist with the implementation of those specifications
- Own data quality framework and data management policy creation by partnering with business partners, with focus on Sales and Finance teams
- Experience and knowledge working with Sales, Finance, Marketing systems like SFDC, SAP, Zuora etc.
- Lead Data Governance Council agenda and run council meetings, ready to represent data quality cases and present recommended standards, policies and business processes to resolve quality issues
- Primary point of contact for troubleshooting master data, data quality issues and coordinating with the cross-functional teams
- Document, track, and resolve master data, data quality issues and inquiries, and identify and perform proactive processes with the data stewards to ensure continuous monitoring and improvement.
- Perform preliminary troubleshooting with transaction system and master data
- Participate in a monthly review of data quality rules with the data owners and make adjustments to the system where applicable
- Work closely with stakeholders to create and maintain a product roadmap in Jira. Continuously groom and prioritize the backlog based on stakeholder expectations across groups and help in negotiating priorities.
- Run roadmap planning sessions working closely with business stakeholders to manage the backlog of requests; Assist team in prioritization of bug fixes and enhancement requests as part of run-rate activities supporting business operations.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, including the ability to explain technical subject matter to a non-technical audience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment and agility to alternate between strategic projects and tactical reporting/analysis requests.
Skills & Experience
- B.S., M.S. in Computer Science, Statistics, Business, or related area/ Or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years of related work experience in the areas of Master Data Management, Data Governance, Data Quality, and Business Intelligence and/or Data Warehousing
- A minimum of 7+ years of MDM/Data Quality tool required (Informatica, Reltio, Stibo, IBM)
- Experience defining, implementing, and building products and roll-out strategy for Data Quality, MDM and Data Governance
- Knowledge of Sales and Finance operations for SaaS business preferred
- Experience driving data governance including: project/program management and change management
- Knowledge of master data initiatives and core data management strategies and best practices
- Knowledge of business processes, technical practices impacting data quality is important
- Knowledge of data governance practices, business and technology issues related to management of enterprise information assets and approaches related to data protection
- Experience with and sound understanding of the modern cloud-based data warehouses technologies such as Snowflake(preferred), Google, Amazon, Azure
- Strong Technical background and capability to write advance queries to do data analysis and mining.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, including the ability to be an agent for positive change
- Demonstrated working knowledge of various business process and system modeling tools including: Data Flow Diagrams, Process Models, ER diagrams, Dimensional Data Models, and Use Case Scenarios
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and high attention to detail
- Self-motivated, driven individual who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong team orientation and collaborative style. Flexible demeanour and an ability to get involved in the details while maintain a wider view.
- Strong business and technical aptitude with an attitude to solve complex problems.
Experience with and/or knowledge of Agile Software Development methodologies (Jira preferred)
Sophos is committed to equality opportunity in all areas of its work. All qualified applicants will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.
If you choose to explore this opportunity, and subsequently share your CV or other personal details with Sophos, these details will be held by Sophos for 12 months in accordance with our data protection policy which can be found here and used by our recruitment team to contact you regarding this or other relevant opportunities at Sophos. If you would like Sophos to delete or update your details at any time, please reply to this or other emails from Sophos clearly stating your request, or follow the steps set out in the data protection policy describing your individual rights. If you have any questions about Sophos’ data protection practices, please contact email@example.com.
Job Type : ""
Education Level : ""
Experience Level : ""
Job Function : ""
Apply at: : https://careers.sophos.com/job/Burlington%2C-MA%2C-USA-Office-Lead_-BI-Data-Analyst-Burl-01803/731698402/