Lead Front-End Engineer
About the Position and Imarc
Imarc is looking for a creative and passionate lead front-end engineer to join our team. We are a digital agency headquartered in Amesbury, MA. For 20+ years, we've been steadily growing and creating high quality, award winning web applications, branding, and marketing solutions for companies across all industries. This is a unique opportunity to work with clients like JetBlue, RedBull, Marriott, and many more.
The ideal candidate has at least 4 years of front-end experience, and is looking for an opportunity to grow and own the front-end of any given project. As a lead, you'll work with clients from start-to-finish on new site builds, and head up a number of high-profile retainer projects. We are a highly-collaborative team, so you'll need strong communication skills as you'll work closely with designers, UX professionals, marketers, and other developers on a variety of projects.
While we would love to have you work at our Amesbury, MA, office (post-pandemic), we are open to remote employees located throughout the US.
Skills We're Looking For
As a Front-end Engineer, we want you to be passionate about the end-user experience across all of your projects. Focusing on UX and staying up-to-date with the latest techniques and trends is key. You might be a great fit if you enjoy the following:
- Translating design comps into HTML, CSS, etc.
- Writing semantic markup from scratch.
- Writing organized CSS (we utilize SASS heavily); Bootstrap (or other framework) experience is a plus.
- Teaching peers about new tricks, methodology, and standards.
- Juggling multiple projects while mentoring and supporting fellow front-end engineers.
- Contributing reusable code to internal libraries.
- Working with UI designers to extend design patterns throughout a project.
- Putting yourself in the end-user's shoes and making improvements during the build phase – such as addressing accessibility concerns, adding micro-copy and helper text, or throwing in some sizzle and subtle animations.
- Generally making the web a better place.
What Imarc Offers
This is a great opportunity to work with other engineers, UX professionals, and designers in a highly collaborative and quality-focused environment. You’ll be able to learn and grow through working on challenging problems across a varied set of projects.
We're a stable agency that's been around for over 20 years. We've grown slowly and steadily with very low employee turnover. We've been voted one of Inc. Magazine's best workplaces a couple times.
We also offer lots of tangible benefits that you're probably interested in:
- Paid vacation and personal time
- Attractive benefits package including health and dental coverage
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Account (FSA) planning
- Company-sponsored retirement plan
- Commitment to your growth with paid conferences, seminars, or relevant college courses.
- Your choice of laptop, standing desk, and other accessories (like your favorite mechanical keyboard if that's your thing).
- Flex/Summer Fridays Dog-friendly office A beautiful office in downtown Amesbury, MA.
How To Apply
Hopefully you're actually reading this – we sometimes publish our job listings on other sites, but we REALLY want people to apply here on our BambooHR portal. If you're on another site reading this, click the link to apply:
This listing is pretty personal. We like that. Feel free to reciprocate with a cover letter as well.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : ""
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : Engineering
Apply at: : https://imarc.bamboohr.com/hiring/jobs/45