Lean/Continuous Improvement Manager
At Cirtronics, we have always put our people first. This idea permeates our culture to its core. For over 38 years, it has driven us to manufacture superior products and services. As a result, we treat our Employees, as one would like others to treat oneself, ethics of reciprocity. We empathize with the demanding environment our customers operate, so we must create a workforce that is passionate about meeting and exceeding our customer’s expectations.
Because of our reputation, providing customized solutions, our people will be at the center in order to foster growth. In the process, we build long and trusting relationships. This partnership philosophy also applies within our own walls. We work together in small and large teams. Hierarchy is replaced with teams of engaged equals in which ideas trump tenure. And all doors are open.
Within Cirtronics, our people make a difference because of the leaders they become while here. Our employees are not just employees, they are employee owners. If you share our vision, we’d like to hear from you. Come be part of our great culture and apply now!
This role is responsible for leading and participating in the implementation of lean philosophy to increase the overall effectiveness of the company operations. Serve as an Ambassador to the organization in support of a culture of Continuous Improvement. Ensures that existing processes maintain a high level of performance and continuously reviews and refines those processes to make additional improvements for greater efficiency. This will be achieved through the development of procedures to improve quality, maximize throughput, and reduce overall expenses. This is a hands-on position and requires a high level of collaboration across the organization.
- Identify, prioritize and manage resources required to successfully execute improvement projects across the company, and remove roadblocks to success
- Develop strategic working relationships across the organization to facilitate the accomplishment of corporate goals
- Build and facilitate improvement teams and ensure projects are executed on time with sustainable outcomes
- Communicate team progress to key stakeholders
- Educate, coach and mentor team members on Kaizen, DMAIC, and Lean philosophy
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental company goals
- Meet with Steering Committee on a periodic basis to provide an overview of the efficacy of the program
- Maintain a high energy level and positive attitude to support continuous improvement processes from start to finish with a high level of autonomy
Additional skills/qualifications that will make you stand out
- Self-starter that is resourceful and can work autonomously
- Conceptual and strategic thinker
- Change agent and transformational leadership
- Strong in organizational and time management
- Highly values team collaboration
- “Out of the Box Thinker” – creative/innovative
- Analytical and Problem Solver
- Results oriented - follows through on commitments and deliverables
- Certified Six Sigma Black Belt preferred
- A Bachelor’s degree (engineering is preferred) is required
- 7-10 years of successful manufacturing leadership (active participant in Kaizen, DMAIC, VSM, and TPI)
- 5+ years in Lean leadership
- Demonstrated ability to drive and manage the change process
- Good understanding of financial measurements and goals in the Lean/Flow throughput world
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office required
- Effective presentation skills
- Medical HMO & PPO Plan
- HRA (Health Reimbursement Arrangement)
- FSA (Flexible Spending Account)
- Vision Plan
- Dental Plan
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- 401 (k) Retirement Plan
- ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Program)
- Profit / Risk Sharing
- Company paid - Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance for Employee, spouse & child
- Company paid - Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Vacation Time
- 10 paid holidays
- Full time employees are provided up to 30 hours per year as paid time off to volunteer during their normal working hours for things like a highway clean up, the Special Olympics or maybe a breast cancer awareness walk.
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Weight Watchers at Work Program
- Fruit Tuesday’s and Popcorn Wednesday’s
- Dry cleaning service
- On-site Fitness and Recreational Center
- and more..............
*Please Note: Critical functions of this job are defined above. However, they are subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
Cirtronics Corporation is an ITAR registered corporation. Candidates must be able to demonstrate upon hire that they are either US Citizens or lawful Permanent Residents of the US.