Are you interested in changing the world of work? We’re building a world-class analytics team to apply data science to the soft side of how work gets done. We’re working hard, having fun, and making history; come join us!
Workhuman is seeking a Machine Learning Scientist(Natural Language Processing) to join our Workhuman iQ team as a Machine Learning domain expert. This role is responsible for developing Machine Learning algorithms that can tackle NLP problems such as text classification, semantic tagging, information extraction, and text summarization. The person will work with NLP experts, Data Scientists and engineering teams to build products that uncover insights hidden in recognition moments across dozens of countries for our customers, the industry and our company.
The projects that our team work on are built from the ground up and we look for individuals who want to take ownership and implement solutions independently and thrive in a collaborative environment. Your work will be project-oriented, and you will often be responsible for bringing together the needs of data scientists, engineering team, product managers and other internal customers to provide viable solutions and communicating your thoughts effectively.
This position will report to the NLP Manager.
Main duties & responsibilities:
- Develop machine learning and deep learning algorithms that can be applied to a wide range of NLP problems including text classification, semantic tagging, information extraction, text summarization, etc.
- Research, design, develop, and evaluate first-of-kind solutions to solving NLP problems in social recognition domain including social bias analysis, emotion detection, and other social recognition patterns to inform business insights and improve social recognition product.
- Research cutting-edge technologies, develop innovative solutions, and build proof-of-concept prototypes that establish overall system performance.
- Participate in cross-functional teams to contribute to product development and innovation roadmaps.
- Partner and collaborate with partners and customers to understand business needs, share insights and validated practices.
- Lead the group discussions on the latest machine learning methods for addressing challenges and issues team-wise.
- Provide mentorship to junior Data Scientists.
- Help build and lead collaborative relationships with external academic partners and the scientific community.
- Investigate and explore the latest deep learning tool kits and frameworks.
Required skills and experience:
- PhD in computer science, data science, machine learning or related field.
- 3-5 years of hands-on experience building and deploying Machine Learning and Deep learning models.
- Demonstrated Deep Learning and Machine Learning experience with NLP expertise through scientific publications and/or successful product development.
- Python programming experience required.
- Experience with state-of-art machine learning framework such as: Tensorflow, Pytorch, Pandas, Scikit-learn, Keras, etc.
- Experience with applying NLP to computational science is a strong plus.
- Experience with information extraction from social media data is a strong plus.
- Practical knowledge of data processing needs and trade-offs.
- Comfortable handling a high volume of work daily.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
- Willingness to support several projects at one time, and to accept reprioritization as necessary.
- Experience with process design and documentation.
- Comfortable handling a high volume of work daily.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment .
Workhuman® is the world’s fastest-growing integrated Social Recognition® and continuous performance management platform. Our human applications are shaping the future of work by helping organizations connect culture to shared purpose. With a consistent stream of gratitude fueling unparalleled, provocative workplace data and human insights, Workhuman® Cloud is a critical software engine for global companies seeking to motivate and empower their people to do the best work of their lives. Workhuman® (formerly known as Globoforce) was founded in 1999 and is co-headquartered in Framingham, Mass., and Dublin, Ireland.
Did you know:
We are #1 Great Place to Work in Ireland for the 2019 medium-sized workplace category and have been named one of the 2018 Top Places to Work in Massachusetts by the Boston Globe.
Workhuman® is used by 4.5 million employees across 160 countries.
Our core values are; Respect, Determination, Innovation and Imagination.
Perks & Benefits for our Happy Healthy Humans:
Comprehensive Health Plans
Fully paid parental leave (12-week maternity/4-week paternity) effective day 1
Peer-to-peer recognition program
Commuter bus from downtown Boston
On-site fitness center
Wellness rewards and reimbursements
Fully stocked kitchen (cold brew on tap - snacks and coffee machines as far as the eye can see…)
Regular celebrations for employees, families and special guests
At Workhuman, we love what we do because we’re shaping the future of work through our people and our technology. Our human cloud-based applications are helping some of the world’s leading global brands connect culture to shared purpose. The Workhuman Cloud empowers employees to thank, talk and celebrate each other, creating an environment that sparks gratitude and human connection while increasing employee engagement and productivity.
Workhuman is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees. We proudly provide a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Employment decisions at Workhuman are based on solely on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Workhuman believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : ""
Experience Level : ""
Job Function : ""
Apply at: : https://workhuman.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WorkhumanCareers/job/Workhuman-USA--HQ-1/Machine-Learning-Scientist_R395