Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
At CarGurus we use data, not hunches, to inform decisions. The Product Analytics team plays a key role in crafting the data narrative for these decisions. We love to collaborate, we’re excited by a challenge, and we believe that ownership enables us to grow.
The Product Analytics Manager role will play a player-coach role to support the Consumer Product team develop our core listings experience. You will partner with product managers and engineers to understand user behavior through data and develop and scale a small team of analysts. You'll also use your technical knowledge to automate as much of our core analyses with ETL and apply statistical robustness to our A/B testing framework and processes.
We are looking for thoughtful, daringly curious candidates who can dive into complex data and draw insightful conclusions. You’ll work cross-functionally with many departments and stakeholders, and gain exposure to multiple dimensions of the business.
Our team values diversity in experience and backgrounds—we do our best work when we create space for different voices and perspectives. Whatever unique experiences or skillsets you bring, we look forward to learning from each other!
What You’ll Do:
- Lead and develop a small team of analysts and scale-up
- Conduct exploratory data analysis across disparate data sources (e.g. website usage, dealer behavior patterns, and customer insights) to understand the performance of existing products and see opportunities for new product offerings
- Define metrics to evaluate business performance, products, and experiments
- Leverage ETL to build automated reports and dashboards to monitor and understand key metrics
- Communicate and present data analysis, visualizations, and insights to key stakeholders
- Be a voice and advocate for using data to improve the quality of our decision making
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of experience in data analysis (experience in consumer internet, digital marketing, or SaaS product data a plus)
- 1+ years of experience in managing or mentoring
- Fluency in SQL
- Understanding of statistical concepts
- Demonstrated ability in learning new reporting or BI tools
- Ability to work independently and in a cross-functional setting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excited about developing a better car shopping experience
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skillset without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : ""
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : Engineering
Apply at: : https://careers.cargurus.com/job/12373501/manager-product-analytics-cambridge-ma/