Portfolio Development Manager
This role offers you a rare opportunity to directly impact the energy industry alongside a team of passionate, creative engineers and entrepreneurs in a fun, dynamic innovation center. Shell TechWorks (STW) has developed a company-leading technology delivery methodology that blends systems and design thinking with state-of-the-art technologies and tools, to produce highly effective solutions for Shell. In addition to developing creative systems and products, you will also be part of a truly collaborative, inclusive, multi-functional team with a mission to help Shell produce more and cleaner energy.
This position is assigned to Shell TechWorks. For more information about Shell TechWorks, please visit their website: http://www.shell.com/global/future-energy/innovation/innovate-with-shell/shell-techworks.html.
The Portfolio Development Manager (PDM) within Shell TechWorks (STW) is responsible for the development and growth of a diversified project pipeline, building upon existing relationships as well as fostering and developing strong new relationships within Shell and the industry to support STW’s portfolio development strategies. Under the direction of STW’s Portfolio Lead and in partnership with the Engineering teams, you will be responsible for strategic customer relationship management, identification and vetting of potential project opportunities based on business pull and top challenges within Shell, creation of compelling proposals and project plans and successful hand-off of approved projects to engineering teams for project execution. At times, you will also have a role in direct project contributions whether it be in a management or technical capacity.
- Grow STW’s current project portfolio(s) through relentless pursuit of high value-added project opportunities within Shell that align with STW’s core capabilities and strategic direction
- Build upon existing and create new professional relationships with business, technical and other leaders within Shell to align program funding and foster STW’s image as an innovative technology deployment solution provider and partner, capable of addressing the most pressing technical challenges
- Manage an effective and collaborative proposal development process, from initial framing/conception through final submission, in close collaboration with Engineering and Programs
- Act as a first-stage peer-reviewer / voice-of-the-customer for relevant STW technical products and deliverables
- Manage and balance new project requirements with existing project portfolio, strategically assessing new project capture opportunities as best-fit to current portfolio and other potential project capture efforts
- Assist the Portfolio Lead and the rest of the Leadership Team in portfolio development strategy execution
- Partner with Commercialization and Deployment stakeholders to help identify commercial paths to market for proposed technology solutions by:
- Understanding technology application use cases
- Working both independently and with other organizations to understand the competitive landscape (vendors, potential partners, market factors, etc.)
- Supporting commercial discussions with third parties with the goal of producing a commercial strategy
- Act as Product Owner of larger strategic programs
- Ensure a healthy, safe, secure and environmentally conscious work environment is maintained at all times and by all staff, in compliance with corporate policies and federal and state regulations
- Professional Qualifications:
- B.Sc in engineering or equivalent a minimum, M.Sc in engineering is preferred
- 7+ years of experience of securing and managing complex technical projects worth more than $1 million, lasting 6 months or longer, and involving multiple team members
- Proven track record in building strategic relationships with senior level decision makers within large, complex international organizations
- Extensive experience writing and managing project proposals, business specifications, technical specifications, project plans, and other project documentation
- Thorough understanding and experience in the application of project management concepts and techniques along with the skills to establish priorities and define, plan and execute the activities necessary to reach project objectives
- Highly organized, able to use Microsoft Project or equivalent, Microsoft office products
- The following personal traits or abilities are critical for success:
- Willingness to travel up to 30% domestically and internationally once the Covid-19 crises begins to settle
- Willingness to deploy to the field for up to two weeks at a time
- Ability and drive to deliver on time, while working in a semi-autonomous environment
- Ability to create and communicate an accurate schedule
- Willingness to learn to work with the tools and solutions selected by the team
- Insatiable curiosity to understand and improve the state of art
- Ability to work effectively and build relationships with all levels of personnel, customers, suppliers, consultants - both internally and externally
- Exceptional communication skills, with an ability to present and discuss technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and provides understanding of project related information to a diverse audience (engineers to executives)
TechWorks is invested in maintaining its inclusive, fun, and close-knit culture. We provide generous training and development opportunities for employees, in addition to compensation, benefits, and vacation. Every day we work to provide an environment where all employees feel valued and included, able to nurture their talent as individuals and as part of a collaborative team.
A diverse and inclusive workplace, embedded in our principles of honesty, integrity and respect, brings together remarkable people and enables them to be themselves. At Shell, you will be able to apply and develop your skills and knowledge as part of a collaborative team that is helping to innovate and play a part in building a better energy future.
This role is based in a vibrant office environment located in Boston’s Seaport District. Cenergy International Services (CIS) is a dynamic company that supplies expert workforce solutions to the oil and gas industry, with offices around the world. This position is assigned to Shell TechWorks. CIS offers a generous compensation, benefits and vacation package.
Please apply directly to the position at https://shelltechworks.webhr.co/jobs/home/ by submitting a cover letter and resume for consideration.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : ""
Experience Level : ""
Job Function : ""
Apply at: : https://shelltechworks.webhr.co/jobs/home/