As a Principal Linux Driver and Application Software Engineer, you have the opportunity to join an expert team of hardware and software developers and technology generalists pushing the envelope of Nuance’s technologies.
Principal Duties and responsibilities:
- You will use your experience with operating system internals and real-time software to bridge the gap between prototype hardware and applications utilizing Nuance’s industry-leading speech and AI technology.
- Being an experienced software application developer, you will manage or contribute to sizable application software projects for proving out our technology.
- All of your development work will contribute directly to commercialized solutions that will help drive Nuance’s most visionary programs forward.
- Additionally, you will perform tasks related to securing and maintaining the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for.
Knowledge, SKills, Qualification:
- Education: B.S. in Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering, or relevant work experience
- Number of Years of Work Experience: 10+
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively on complex problems
- Understanding of real-time software principles such as parallel and asynchronous execution, synchronization, and memory management
- Experience customizing, building and integrating Linux based operating systems
- Understanding of Linux kernel internals
- Experience debugging and fixing complex driver issues
- Can manage board bring up, BSP integration and Linux build system
- Embraces software development processes and software design principles
- Ability to structure and organize medium-size software application projects
- Inclination toward automation
- Expertise in C and Python
- Experience with the Rust programming language
- Good understanding of the Linux community and kernel development process
- Proven track record of upstream contributions to open source projects
- Familiarity with operating system hardening technologies and SELinux
Linux container technology (e.g. Docker, runC)
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : Engineering
Apply at: : https://www.nuance.com/about-us/careers/job-description.html/Prinicpal-Software-Engineer/56588