SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Commercialization Program Manager (CPM) plays an integral role in shaping the future of Nuance Communications' Healthcare Division by driving a strategic set of business programs focused on new product introductions, market expansion, solutions commercialization, and sunset programs to accelerate growth in the U.S and globally.
As a key leader in this highly visible role, you will:
- Own commercialization programs throughout the lifecycle of the product to enable growth of new and existing products in multiple market segments.
- Drive successful product launches and market growth initiatives, partnering closely with cross functional leaders in engineering, marketing, sales, customer success etc.
- Manage commercialization initiatives as structured end-to-end programs. Develop milestones and plans, schedule, budget, tasks, change management, risk management procedures, etc. that align to the Healthcare Division governance process
- Develop and maintain an understanding of market opportunity, user needs, buyer journey, sales cycle, deployment process, and ongoing delivery model to help support the creation of quality deliverables, processes, and timelines
- Focus most intensively on driving the development of a cross-functional commercialization strategy and operational readiness plan that align to product roadmap, market segmentation, marketing events, annual sales strategy, geographical/international requirements, legal/privacy requirements, etc.
- Drive organizational alignment with the relevant cross-functions (Marketing, Sales, Pre-Sales, Customer Success, etc.) during all phases of the product lifecycle, engaging proactively, driving quality, and encouraging improvement by iteration where needed
- Ensure business objectives and KPIs/performance metrics are defined, measured, and reported on regularly throughout the product lifecycle, to various levels of the organization – from the day-to-day program team up to executive leadership – using high-quality artifacts and dashboards
This position requires a self-starter with a unique blend of program management, strategy, business consulting, product marketing, product management, delivery and operational readiness, and solutions lifecycle management experience.
- 15+ years of progressive work-related experience with demonstrated proficiency in delivering measurable business results
- 10+ years in a Commercialization Program Management or related environment in a service based global organization leading various business growth programs, new product or solution launches, and cross functional project teams.
- Experience with program-level development and/or coordination of product release plan, go to market plan, sales readiness plan, operations and support readiness plan
- Aptitude to develop/maintain understanding of market opportunity, user needs, buyer journey, sales cycle, deployment process, and ongoing delivery model and apply that understanding to the development and execution of program artifacts and processes
- Ability to build and execute comprehensive program plans consisting of business analysis findings, strategic direction, data supported conclusions and timelines
- Proven communication skills with C-level executives and senior management including the ability to create and deliver executive level presentations
- Cross functional leadership skills with the ability to instill trust and utilize influence in a matrix organization to produce results.
- Expert level knowledge and experience in Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Excel is essential in this role, including the ability to build business consultancy level PowerPoint content.
- MBA is highly preferred
- PMI PMP, New Product Development Professional (NPDP) or other product management certifications highly preferred
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to simplify
- Comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a software and technology services organization with a rapidly expanding customer base
- Working knowledge of best practices in pre-sales, training, organizational change management, and project management methodologies and processes.
- Basic knowledge of electronic medical records systems, electronic physician documentation, biomedical informatics, Natural Language Processing (NLP), and Clinical Language Understanding (CLU) is a plus
- Familiarity with agile software development environment processes and working experience with R&D and Product Management functions is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to build strong working relationships and influence both internal and external partners at all levels; passion and convictions and the innate ability to inspire passion in others
- Proficient analytical skills using data to derive actionable insights and drive decisions in a corporate environment
Travel: Up to 5%, including international travel if needed
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : Development
Apply at: : https://nuance.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Nuance/job/Burlington-Massachusetts-US/Senior-Principal-Commercialization-Program-Manager_100673-1