The Principal Site Reliability Engineer will work to drive the automation and deployment of SaaS products to the cloud. We are looking for an individual with a passion for both development and infrastructure expertise, who dream of programmatically controlling the full stack needed to run high quality SaaS products. Will be part of a dynamic team, collaborating with our R&D organization to build out a release pipeline for their products and services. Will be participating by helping to ensure and architect the infrastructure portion of the service stack has an SDLC and automating the processes and environments force quality and correctness into the dev/test cycles prioritizing service Availability, Performance, Capacity, Security and Compliance.
The successful candidate will be recognized as a powerful voice in the SRE/infrastructure-as-code domain, able to articulate deep and broad knowledge in a SaaS environment.
- Drive architectural evaluations including requirements gathering, POCs for technology within the platform space such as caching layers, application servers, data repositories and more.
- Ensure that new and existing products support automated deployment.
- Participate in the testing of functionality, operability, deployment, and performance for application or infrastructure changes.
- Participate in tool authoring, integration, and extension.
- Drive, define best practices for monitoring, security, and logging
- Mentor junior engineers and those to whom SDLC over Infrastructure is still unknown.
Number of Years of Work Experience: 8+
- Linux and Windows administration and/or expert knowledge.
- Experience in a SaaS environment within a public cloud and cloud computing best practices.
- Strong opinions on monitoring and management for the full stack.
- Strong deductive and analytic capabilities which demonstrably lead to fast resolution and subsequent proactive action.
- Configuration management (Ansible, SaltStack, Puppet or Chef) and dev pipeline management (Jenkins, ADO, etc.)
- Experience with software build and release engineering.
- Azure SQL or Cosmos DB
B.S. in Computer Science or related discipline
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : Engineering
Apply at: : https://www.nuance.com/about-us/careers/job-description.html/Principal-Site-Reliability-Engineer/57025