We are seeking for Principal Software engineer in our Diagnostics engineering team who is independent and self-motivated learners who possess strong problem-solving skills. The team primary focuses on produce and implement functional software for diagnostic solution. Your goal will be to develop high-quality software that is aligned with user needs and business goals.
- Work closely with a variety of different stakeholder groups, including management, business analysts, marketing, and development to understand business initiatives and formulate a technical road map for execution
- Clearly communicate complex technical designs and principles to both non-technical and technical stakeholders
- Interact with peer architects in the company to share and promote reuse, and best practices
- Serve as advisor and subject matter expert on project teams
- Focus on high/mid-level designs of complex business entities, business logic, and data access, and presentation layers
- Translate business requirements into conceptual, logical, and physical models; this will include ongoing evolution of the product in response to changes in the business.
- Have command of a breadth of technology skills ranging from Object Oriented Design/Development, Database Design/Development, to SOA Patterns, as well as Windows and Web Application Architectures
- Provide technical leadership by providing technical guidance and expertise, mentoring junior team members, conducting design and code reviews
- Aide in the design, development, testing, and support of both Windows and Web based applications built using the .NET Framework (C#/ASP.NET MVC) and deployed on Window
- Minimum 10 years of experience in software development, developing both Windows and Web based enterprise class applications.
- Ability to recognize the benefits and costs, as well as building out proof of concepts, to demonstrate the value of a potential new technology.
- Thorough understanding of multi-tiered software architectures.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented design and design patterns (and how and when they should be applied).
- Strong understanding of service oriented architecture design patterns (and how and when they should be applied).
- Excellent C# programming skills.
- Strong experience with ASP.NET MVC stack
- Experience with Java is a plus
- Proven experience developing high-performance, multi-threaded, enterprise grade applications.
- Knowledge of UML and the ability to author a detailed design specification.
- Experience developing data-driven applications with SQL Server, and knowledge of NoSQL data stores (ex. Hadoop, MongoDB, etc.) a plus.
- Experience with Web GUI development, Single Page Application development a plus.
- Strong written and oral communications skills as well as excellent listening skills.
- Understanding of Agile and Lean Software Development methodology
- Ability to work independently
- Experience working with off shore development teams
- Experience with healthcare data and systems
- Experience in working in cloud based solutions into public cloud like Azure is a plus
- Experience with IHE and HL7 FHIR standards a plus
- BS or MS in Computer Science is required.
We expect all applicants to be independent and self-motivated learners who possess strong problem-solving skills.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : Engineering
Apply at: : https://www.nuance.com/about-us/careers/job-description.html/Principal-Software-Engineer/57347