Examity is the world leader in online proctoring. Founded in 2013, we work with colleges, employers, and assessment providers to protect online test integrity. Since 2013, the market for online proctoring has only increased – today, we maintain five global locations, support over 500 clients, and proctor millions of exam sessions per year.
Being the fastest-growing Edtech company in the United States starts with having the best team. Our employees are the heartbeat and backbone of everything we do. Together, we’re able to build a better testing experience that meets candidates where they are. If you share our passion for providing the most innovative, versatile, and secure online proctoring in the industry, then we would love to talk to you.
The Principal Software Engineer is responsible for working with all elements of our solution, including the front and back end, to enhance, optimize and expand Examity’s leading learning validation solution. This individual will work closely with product managers, UX, engineering, DevOps, and quality assurance teams both in-house and offshore.
- Design and build advanced cloud and mobile applications employing the Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Build, test, and deploy innovative customer-facing products encompassing a highly intuitive user experience.
- Teach proper engineering discipline and practices, particularly using Python, while serving as a role model.
- Contribute to an Agile team that solves complex challenges and builds quality software on a regular basis.
- Deliver high-quality projects and products on a tight schedule.
- Ensure quality of the products by conducting design and coding reviews of assignments distributed across multiple developers.
- Evaluate new technologies and third-party products to include in Examity offerings and improve systems engineering capabilities.
- Create an accessible site that allows for solutions to be adaptable in multiple delivery platforms.
- Work with user interface designers to code and translate the UI designs into application-level, front-end user experience screens using Angular, React, and Node.
- Perform software verification of applications to ensure adherence to business and technical and functional and non-functional requirements.
- Degree in computer science, software engineering, or related field.
- 10+ years of software experience with Python, AngularJS, C#, ASP.Net Core, or similar technologies.
- Background in developing and deploying SaaS applications and services into production using CI/CD tools.
- Experience in building micro-services, REST based APIs, CI/CD tools.
- Proven record of team leadership.
- Exposure to software architecture.
- Experience building scalable web applications in a variety of cloud implementations.
- Knowledge of Google Chrome and Firefox API development, including plug-in and browser extension development.
- Exposure to networking solutions leveraging TCP, UDP, HTTP, and WebSockets.
- Background in conducting code reviews, providing technical/architectural guidance to team members.
- Experience developing systems for server-side media processing is a plus.
- Legal authorization to work in the United States. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas.
Examity offers a competitive salary, 401(k), and a comprehensive benefits package, providing full coverage for health and dental premiums for both individuals and families. As one of the fastest-growing companies in Massachusetts, you will be challenged to build your skills and take on increasing responsibility. Our office environment is open, collaborative, fast-paced and high energy. Examity’s urban office location in Newton, MA provides access to local shopping and restaurants.
You can’t spell Examity without “team.” Which is why we built our business around the most collaborative and passionate people in the industry. We’re always looking to grow our family, so if you’re interested in joining us, please don’t hesitate to reach out. We would love to hear from you! Examity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We thrive because of the diversity of our employees. At Examity, people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives are always welcome. We foster an environment of mutual respect and do not tolerate any discrimination. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : Engineering
Apply at: : https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?lang=en_US&cid=cce69f22-59c0-40c1-89d2-2acaecdc2f39&ccId=19000101_000001