Position summary –
You are a lead engineer who is passionate about exploring and applying technology to help solve real world end customer business problems. It annoys you when processes are not followed and design patterns/architectures are incorrect. You possess a strong desire to learn and lead the rest of the team to solutions and ideas.
The successful candidate will be recognized as a powerful voice within the RD org, able to articulate deep and broad technical knowledge in a SaaS environment. You will take complete ownership of issues and of the success of your customers and peers.
Principal duties and responsibilities –
- Demonstrate unusually high levels of ownership, accountability and follow-through.
- Drive architectural evaluations including requirements gathering and POCs for technology within the platform space.
- Participate in and strongly contribute to architectural reviews and discussions of test/release process.
- Work on products that bring Enterprise grade Conversation AI solutions to both private and public cloud.
- Bring your ideas to the table and help others to achieve their potential.
- Keep up with the latest technology trends, always focusing on how to build a better solution.
- Institute and champion best practices for a cloud native architecture, from consistency and readability to maintainability and documentation.
- Follow documented and participate in the process for delivering the Product(s)
- Collaborate and drive initiatives with team members from various functions (including Architecture, Infrastructure, Professional Services and more) in every aspect of creating the product demonstrate end-to-end understanding of the process (CI/CD, Docker, Kubernetes, microservices, …)
- Develop features using the established technologies (React, Java…) as well as identify when new technologies should be considered as a better solution.
- Engage in full DevOps lifecycle through "You Build It, You Run It" model - including L2 support and SRE engagement
Knowledge, skills and qualifications
Education: undergraduate degree in computer science, software engineering or a related field
Minimum years of work experience: 10+ years
- Possess a strong desire to learn and contribute solutions and ideas to the overall team.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and written.
- Programming background in one of lower level programming language: C, C++, C#, JAVA, Go, Python …
- Programming background in one of the popular web frameworks: React, Vue, Angular, Vaadin, …
- Positive attitude and able to work well with others.
- Ability to learn new concepts, architectures, APIs, etc as needed.
- Professional experience collaborating in a team environment
- Passion for creating and refining efficient processes
- Comfortable communicating with, presenting to, and receiving input from a variety of people, including senior management
- Speak and write unusually well. You understand that the quality of your communication is a top priority.
- Proactive leadership
- Expertise with Cloud Native tools and delivery in distributed systems architectures (e.g. CI/CD, Docker, Kubernetes, , …)
- Knowledge of communication protocols: HTTP1.1, HTTP2, GRPC, WebSocket
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : Engineering
Apply at: : https://nuance.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Nuance/job/Burlington-Massachusetts-US/Principal-Software-Engineer_100612-1