Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work’s made a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US, and we’re expanding globally. Ready to come along for the ride?
CarGurus’ Consumer Team is looking for a Principal Software Engineer to help our users find the car they’re looking for as efficiently as possible. See your solutions impact millions of global users every day as you tackle challenges such as:
- Improve search experience and performance for millions of users across millions of cars globally
- Make the car shopping experience enjoyable and more transparent
- Help users discover the right car for them
- Enable new ways of buying cars, such as buying online and having your car delivered
- Build out platforms to enable us to iterate faster and respond to our consumers quicker
What You'll Do:
- Provide technical and architectural leadership
- Collaborate with engineers and managers across the organization to understand and tackle technical challenges
- Work in a cross-functional team with data analysts, product managers, and of course other engineers.
- Participate in whiteboard sessions and design conversations on engineering the best solution to the challenges at hand.
- Test out new insights with novel and quick experiments.
- Write clean, well-tested, and efficient code.
- Iterate rapidly and deploy changes daily.
- Be deeply engaged in the full development lifecycle designing, developing, testing, deploying, maintaining, monitoring, and improving software.
- Have fun!
Who You Are:
- 8+ years of experience; ideally in fast-paced environments; we are pushing new code daily
- Experience architecting performant large-scale web applications and knowledge of modern technologies that enable them. Extensive experience with concurrency, multi-threading, and event-driven architectures
- Expert level knowledge of Java (preferred) or similar language.
- A strong understanding of data structures, algorithms, and complexity analysis
- The ability to iterate and ship ideas quickly, with loose direction.
- The ability to work across teams with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Willingness to work outside your comfort zones, to evaluate and work with new technologies
- Data-driven when making decisions
- Biased towards action and automation
- Familiarity with HTML, CSS, and JS
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skillset without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : ""
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : Engineering
Apply at: : https://careers.cargurus.com/job/12468910/principal-software-engineer-consumer-cambridge-ma/