Sophos Overview – Cybersecurity Evolved
Sophos is a worldwide leader in next-generation cybersecurity, protecting more than 500,000 organizations and millions of consumers in more than 150 countries from today’s most advanced cyberthreats. Powered by threat intelligence, AI and machine learning from SophosLabs and SophosAI, Sophos delivers a broad portfolio of advanced products and services to secure users, networks and endpoints against ransomware, malware, exploits, phishing and the wide range of other cyberattacks. Sophos provides a single integrated cloud-based management console, Sophos Central – the centerpiece of an adaptive cybersecurity ecosystem that features a centralized data lake that leverages a rich set of open APIs available to customers, partners, developers, and other cybersecurity vendors. Sophos sells its products and services through reseller partners and managed service providers (MSPs) worldwide. Sophos is headquartered in Oxford, U.K. More information is available at www.sophos.com.
The Sophos Central platform is the hub for data and administration of 24M+ protection endpoints deployed globally. If designing and developing backend services that can scale to huge workloads while maintaining 99.99 uptime SLOs is exciting to you, Sophos is the place to be. Join us! The Senior Software Engineer role will work within one of multiple teams in the Sophos Core Platform Group. This group is responsible for building and operating common platform services across multiple domains including IAM, directory objects, policy and protection state, and SRE. In this role, you will design, develop, and operate highly scalable backend platform services that are used universally across Sophos’ product offerings.
Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years experience in a software development related role. Profession and graduate level academic experience both apply.
- 3+ years designing & developing scalable cloud backend services for a commercial multi-tenant SaaS, PaaS or IaaS offering
- BS in computer science or equivalent field
- A track record of good interpersonal, organizational, and team working skills.
- Java programming language and frameworks (preferrrably Spring)
- Object oriented concepts and patterns
- Microservice architecture, patterns, and tooling
- Operational knowledge of Linux operating systems
- CI/CD tools and methodologies
- Written and verbal communications
- Knowledge of IAM protocols (OIDC/OAuth2, SAML)
- Knowledge of AWS services including EC2, IAM, CloudWatch, SQS, SNS, S3 is preferrable.
- Knowledge of fundamentals and core concepts of Terraform
- Strong knowledge in at least one addition programming language
Job Type : ""
Education Level : ""
Experience Level : ""
Job Function : ""
Apply at: : https://careers.sophos.com/job/Burlington%2C-MA%2C-USA-Office-Principal-Software-Engineer-Core-Platform-Burl-01803/730664302/