Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work’s made a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US, and we’re expanding globally. Ready to come along for the ride?
The Digital Retail team at CarGurus is looking for skilled Principal Software Engineers to work on exciting projects in the automotive space. As a member of this team, you will be a big part in helping transform the way people buy cars by enabling a full online retail experience and build the most innovative online car purchasing platform available.
This is a very exciting time for CarGurus and is a huge opportunity for you to be a part of something truly amazing.
Our currently public initiative are:
- Financing – Enabling financing transparency.
- Digital Retail – Building the blocks to enable online transactions
Our startup DNA means we particularly value diverse backgrounds and perspectives. Come help build the next phase of CarGurus!
What You'll Do:
- Collaborate with fellow engineers, designers, and data analysts to take an idea from concept to technical design to implementation to testing to measurement.
- Pitch in wherever there will be the greatest impact. This could be anything from implementing a new full consumer-facing feature to integrating with a key partner or technology, to a quick vapor or A/B test to help determine what’s next.
- Work with partner companies to define requirements in order to integrate their solutions with our platform
- Be deeply engaged in the full development lifecycle designing, developing, testing, deploying, maintaining, monitoring, and improving software.
- Advocate for new technology and new methodologies
- Continuously learn and expand your capabilities
- Have fun!
Who You Are:
- Expert in OOP (Java preferred), ideally in fast-paced environments
- Solid experience in the data layer including SQL, caching strategies, and storage alternatives
- Comfortable with Web Tier technologies and strategies
- A strong understanding of data structures, algorithms, and complexity analysis
- The ability to iterate and ship ideas quickly, with loose direction.
- Ability to guide and mentor more junior engineers (for Principal and Lead jobs)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- React experience is a plus
- Curious and plays well with others
- 8+ years of relevant work experience needed
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skillset without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, Germany, Spain, Italy, and the UK—with other markets on the horizon. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : ""
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : Engineering
Apply at: : https://careers.cargurus.com/job/12237482/principal-software-engineer-digital-retail-cambridge-ma/