Nuance Communications is looking for a talented interactive and experience designer with a passion for new technologies. We are looking for someone who enjoys asking questions, diving deep into technical challenges, and complex problem solving, all while keeping best UX practices in mind to help deliver a world class UI. If you are unafraid to dive in a design rig and create as needed to communicate your ideas and concepts clearly and effectively, we want to talk to you.
If you dream job is to create UX for the ultimate experience for the next generation AI and conversational design development tools, please apply. Furthermore, if you can envision yourself as an asset for UX research and discovery, then this position has your name all over it.
Principal duties and responsibilities
• Tackle a vast array of technical design challenges across the UI/UX team.
• Work on projects from the ground up, starting with the key players to suss out requirements, to wire framing, reviews, to actual UI design.
• Collaborate closely with key stakeholders for Professional Services (PS), Technical Product Management (TPM), the UI/UX team, Development, and potentially more.
• Work with our UX researchers to create and conduct user research and usability testing.
• Iterate, test, evaluate, and iterate again. We believe in constant improvement through iteration to create the best designs.
Knowledge, skills and qualifications
Minimum years of work experience: 6
• Passion for solving UX and visual design challenges, with conversational AI in mind
• A portfolio that demonstrates strong experience with user experience design and critical thinking with a skillset for interaction and UI design. 6+ years of UX/UI design experience, including interactive demos.
• Skills in; Sketch or Figma and most Adobe CC (Ps, Ai, An, Dw required; Mu, Pr, Af are a plus)
• Proficiency in any prototyping tools. Sketch and Figma are our tool of choice.
• A keen interest in keeping up to date with trends in experience and interactive design.
• Proficiency working remote but a strong desire to collaborate in person is key.
• Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills; communication is crucial as you will be working on a multi-disciplinary team.
• We want someone who is strong in critical thinking and experience visual design but enjoys interaction and UI design as well.
• Any programing, we do not care what level just that you have done some and understand how to work with developers.
• A big plus if you can build websites on your own, worked on video games or used a CMS.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : Development
Apply at: : https://nuance.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Nuance/job/Burlington-Massachusetts-US/Principal-UX-Product-Designer_100571-1