We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a Product Manager for our OpenEdge line in Bedford, MA office.
You’ll be part of the Progress Core Product team, reporting to the Director of Product Management. You will focus on the OpenEdge product line.
WHAT YOU’LL DO IN THIS ROLE:
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative research to translate the needs of the market and customers into compelling and successful products
- Assess competition and alternative solutions to articulate distinct competencies, differentiation, and to identify opportunities
- Build and deliver strategic and product-oriented presentations in the form of enablement, roadmaps, and evangelism
- Develop product pricing and licensing policies that will lead to market success, competitive disruption, and revenue maximization
- Analyze past performance to determine areas of investment, and refine go-to-market strategies
- Work with Product Owners, Architects and Interaction Design to translate high level strategy and roadmap into sufficiently detailed development backlog, create user stories, mock-ups and prototypes that inform and guide the development efforts
- Maintain an ordered backlog of features, understand viable market windows and MVP priorities, and ensure seamless hand-off to the development teams
- Work with Agile Solution and Release Train Engineers to plan and execute program increments leading to shippable products.
- Create revenue and growth projections for your product, including for new initiatives, perpetual to subscription licensing shifts, renewal rates and churn, n-tiered distribution, and so forth
- Launch new initiatives and manage wind-down processes for legacy offerings
- Manage the versioning and lifecycle policies for your product
- Educate the Sales and Marketing teams on the value prop, differentiation, market strategies, and other knowledge necessary to be successful in the go-to-market
- Assist marketing with thought leadership content, persona definitions, strategic direction, and other necessary information
- Manage inbound technology partnerships that form the complete offering
- Travel up to 25% both domestic and international locations
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE, WE NEED SOMEONE WHO HAS:
- Solid experience in an Enterprise Software Product Management role, preferably with complex, large scale data management technologies. Database vendor experience is a plus.
- Experience as a software developer within a software development team. Passion for software development, empathy for the software developer persona, and understanding of modern software development practices, including Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment. Experience developing applications with the OpenEdge platform would be a big plus.
- Knowledge of programming language compiler technologies and/or databases is highly desirable.
- Have worked within an Agile framework, with a strong working knowledge of defining user personas, building prototypes, and gathering user validation. Familiarity with SAFe is a plus.
- An engaging presenter with excellent communication skills
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree or greater in a technical field (preferably Computer Science)
Here at Progress, we truly care about your employee experience. It is important to us for our employees to balance their work and home life, obtain viable options for their health and wellness, grow their career, and plan for financial success.
The Progress benefits package is designed to recognize the diverse needs of our work force. We offer a variety of benefits for your health care needs, including four medical plans that meet any need or budget. Take advantage of our financial benefits, including an Employee Stock Purchasing Plan and a 401(k) with a company match! In addition to a variety of options to continue your career growth, Progress offers a generous Tuition Reimbursement program.
Progress provides flexibility to our employees through Flexible Vacation Time, Flexible Hours, and telecommuting options. Take time to bond with your newest family addition through our Parental Leave options. Or celebrate you by enjoying a birthday holiday! You can even give back to the community through our community service time off.
Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!