Job Summary: We are looking for a director to lead our security and biometrics research team. In this role, you should expect to play an active role in the research, development and completion of division-level projects, meet and report back to upper management, work with multiple and diverse teams, provide expert guidance and support, implement newly-developed security policies, and maintain positive relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
To be successful, you should have exceptional leadership, communication, and project management skills, years of management experience, and a belief in developing the skills and talents of others. Ideal candidates will have experience in identifying and navigating organizational changes, a keen interest in international trends in engineering and leadership, and above-average emotional intelligence.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strive to understand customer and legal challenges and requirements with Security and Biometrics technology and data.
- Retain up-to-date knowledge of the industry, notably research trends.
- Work with stakeholders to develop state-of-the-art data analytics, data collection and MLOps pipelines.
- Collect intelligence on competitive offerings through research and benchmarking.
- Use this knowledge to support upper management in developing the long-term vision and product roadmap for Security and Biometrics products.
- Execute on the roadmap to deliver quality security and biometrics engines on schedule.
- Implement best-practice engineering methods.
- Develop talent and grow your team into a high performing healthy research and development organization.
- Establish a positive, mutually supporting, inclusive team culture consistent with Nuance values.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications: Education: Master’s degree in Computer Science or related technical degree.
Minimum Years of Work Experience: 10+ years
- Working knowledge of voice, text and channel biometric technologies.
- 10+ years of leading and managing a R&D team.
- Analytical, with a great capacity to think and act strategically.
- Able to take concepts and bring them to life.
- At ease creating a product vision and translating it into easily understandable value propositions.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional virtual teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- In-depth knowledge of statistical methodologies and data analysis techniques.
- Experience with SaaS.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure or equivalent.
- Experience with high-performance computing.
- Working understanding of MLOps.
- Good understanding of Agile methodologies.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Director
Job Function : Engineering
Apply at: : https://nuance.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Nuance/job/Burlington-Massachusetts-US/Director--Security-and-Biometrics-Research_100818-1