Skyhook’s Sales Engineer
Skyhook’s Sales Engineers listen to the needs of our audience and help them imagine how Skyhook’s location technology fits into their software or service. Our SE’s use a mix of creativity and technical skills to help bring our customers’ and prospects’ visions to life using our products.
Working in conjunction with our Sales and Business Development teams, our Sales Engineer actively drives and manages the evaluation stage of our sales process, as well as the implementation and onboarding of customers. The Sales Engineer is customer-facing and enjoys presenting technical concepts with simplicity and elegance. The role is fast-paced, wide-ranging and challenging. The ideal candidate is hungry for a challenge, and has a mixture of application development, integration, deployment, hands-on coding, great interpersonal skills and strong problem-solving abilities. Regional travel is expected, and global travel is possible.
We look for the following in our Sales Engineers
- Strong technical aptitude and a proven ability to understand, digest, and communicate solution concepts.
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication and presentation skills with an ability to translate customer comments and feedback to the product management organization.
- Proven business analysis and problem-solving skills.
- A strong understanding of mobile technologies, location technologies, and use cases.
- Eager self-directed learner with a curiosity and an appetite to understand not only our technologies but also the competitive landscape.
Sales Engineer Responsibilities
- Provide pre-sales technical support to the sales team
- Execute product training sessions for Sales, Account Management, partners and customers.
- Provide post-sale support for evaluations, POCs and full commercial deployments in coordination with Account Management.
- Recommend implementation and integration methods, as well as operational best practices both pre- and post-sale.
- Support marketing activities at trade shows, seminars, hackathons and other events.
- Produce collateral such as documentation, white papers, demo scripts and case studies.
- Keep up-to-date with Skyhook products, the competitive offerings, and the broader mobile data ecosystem.
Sales Engineer Qualifications
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a customer-facing technical role
- Experience with Python, SQL, and AWS suite of tools (Athena, S3, etc.)
- Experience supporting solution selling processes including leading technical discovery, scoping and solution presentation
- Experience reviewing logs to identify potential bugs or integration issues.
- Experience troubleshooting issues within mobile operating systems (iOS/Android) or embedded platforms
- Practical exposure to Windows, Unix/Linux, MAC OS X, iOS, and Android
Nice to Have
- Experience coding on both Android and iOS platforms
- Experience with embedded devices
- Experience with the IoT ecosystem
- Familiarity with mobile app development processes, including integrating SDK’s across multiple operating systems a plus
- Direct experience with digital advertising technology/advertising operations technology.
- Experience with PostGIS
Skyhook is dedicated to inventing and reinventing location. And the innovation in our technology is rivaled only by the innovation of our culture. Our offices in Boston, MA and Wayne, PA are filled with Idea Paint, standing desks, bean bag chairs, crowd-controlled Sonos radio and a world class snack selection. If you love data and are fanatical about using data to solve hard questions and improve user experiences, we want to talk to you! If you are looking for a place where you are valued not just based on what you accomplish but how you accomplish it, then you should consider joining us. To apply, click on link below: