Nuance is excited to be hiring an SEC Reporting & Technical Accounting Manager that will initially work remotely but be expected to work out of our Burlington, MA HQ facility once we return sometime in 2021. This accomplished individual will work for our Director of Technical Accounting and External Reporting and will not have any direct reports.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage the company’s external reporting process, prepare/compile, review, and assess the disclosures included in Form 10-K, Form 10-Q and support the quarterly earnings release.
- Evaluate the impact of new accounting pronouncement and SEC regulations.
- Provide training to cross-functional teams on the impact of new accounting pronouncement.
- Conduct technical accounting research on complex accounting and reporting issues, including acquisitions, divesture, hedge accounting, stock compensation, goodwill and intangible asset impairment, and equity and debt financing.
- Manage the quarterly stock compensation accounting and reporting process.
- Manage the operational accounting related to goodwill, intangible assets, deferred acquisition payments and prepare periodic account analysis.
- Manage the annual and quarterly long-lived asset impairment review and analysis. Work with external firms and cross-functional teams to understand and assess the valuation methodologies and assumptions.
- Collaborate with treasury, tax, and operational accounting teams to ensure a smooth reporting process.
Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.A. /B.S.) or equivalent in accounting or business-related discipline.
Experience: 5 – 10 years of combined experience in a national public accounting firm and/or previous experience in financial reporting and technical accounting.
Professional Qualification: CPA license
- Previous experience in public accounting or SEC Reporting / Technical Accounting role
- Strong MS Excel experience (use of pivot tables)
- Stock Compensation & Purchase Accounting experience
- Software: Oracle, Hyperion, Workiva, Equity Edge
- Software industry experience
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : Finance
Apply at: : https://www.nuance.com/about-us/careers/job-description.html/SEC-Reporting-Technical-Accounting-Manager/56668