Senior Analyst, Marketing Strategy and Operations
We are seeking a team player who is highly analytical, self-motivated and intellectually curious to join a dynamic and growth-oriented marketing team. The Senior Analyst, Marketing Strategy and Operations is instrumental in efforts to budget, forecast and report on key performance metrics across a large number of business units, and partners with Finance to align Marketing metrics with financial results and processes. The Senior Analyst is a critical contributor to the Marketing team, delivering reliable reports and intelligence to support decisions and provide recommendations.
- Build, improve and maintain marketing reports and dashboards, tracking spend and performance across brands and marketing channels. Utilize a variety of systems to collect and compile data. Build automated reports and tools that will maximize accuracy and minimize manual intervention for reporting.
- Build models to project future outcomes for marketing performance. Partner with business and functional leads to ensure accuracy and consensus of reporting and forecasting.
- Identify and communicate emerging trends within the market, the organization and key channels
- Improve the usability of marketing reports through the use of dashboards that allow for deep-dives
- Work closely with Finance to align results, identify drivers for results, detect anomalies and create smoothless processes for reporting.
- Leverage methods from diverse disciplines to gain customer insights, draw conclusions and work with business partners to put those insights into action
- Work closely with business partners, technology and modelling teams to evaluate new and alternate data sources as well as analytical tools
- Develop detailed financial models for marketing programs and campaigns
- Drive the development and production of marketing budgets, pacing and recurring forecasts
- Work with other departments including Finance, Accounting and Legal, providing them with marketing information and guidance
- Document historic marketing data in a clear, organized way: manage archives in a way that allows for easy access to data
- 4-7+ years of experience in an analytics focused role in finance or marketing
- Deep expertise in MS Excel, with experience building complex recurring dashboards using advanced functionality
- Technical acumen and experience automating data processes
- Experience working with large data sets and Big Data tools
- Proven analytical skills and problem-solving ability paired with meticulous attention to detail
- Self-motivated and proactive team player who takes ownership of and accountability for projects
- Strong project management and organizational skills with an ability to effectively manage competing priorities
- Strong relationship-building skills. Ability to communicate complex issues to a wide array of internal stakeholders
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment, consistently adhering to strict deadlines and evolving priorities
- Proficient in PowerPoint
- Bachelors/Undergraduate Degree. Engineering or Finance major a plus.
- Background in SQL and advanced usage of Google Apps a big plus
- Excellent problem solving skills and time management skills
- Interest in optimizing digital marketing results
- Passion for helping small businesses use the web to achieve their goals
- Passion for numbers and incessant curiosity