Senior Cloud Engineer, Software Engineering
Cloud Engineers at the Edge will help develop and automate cloud native solutions, leveraging Google Cloud Platform. In addition, you will build out and maintain DevOps infrastructure that allows our software engineers and product team to be productive and deploy solutions quickly.
We believe that a high-quality team and high-quality code are critical pieces of our mission. The infrastructure behind it all is no different. Working closely with our software engineering team, you will focus on improving developer experience by creating CI/CD pipelines, writing Terraform scripts to provision infrastructure as code, and creating workflows. You will constantly be looking to improve the tooling we already have, and look to improve processes around the software development lifecycle by supporting static code analysis reports, creating test automation frameworks, and reporting on code quality. You will also help maintain critical pieces of application infrastructure including compute resources and GKE clusters through monitoring and operational best practices. Lastly, you will work with the analytics team to build a feedback loop to constantly improve on what we’ve already built.
- At least one year of experience working on any major cloud provider
- Strong practical operational experience administering Linux systems
- 5+ years of Software Development or DevOps experience building effective solutions
- Experience establishing and employing Continuous Integration practices using tools like Jenkins
- Experience using Configuration management/automation tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, or equivalent
- Proven work experience as a Software Engineer, Software Developer, or DevOps Engineer
- Have experience running and maintaining containers and using tools such as Docker, Kubernetes, or Mesos in Production
- Good understanding of System scaling, Performance testing and Capacity planning
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
- Passion for growing your skills, tackling interesting work and challenging problems
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience working within an environment with a “startup” culture using agile, lean, DevOps, and DataOps delivery practices and methodologies.
- Passion for automation and team advocate to build repeatable processes to improve code quality, reduce time to market and build extensible automation frameworks
- Comfortable with infrastructure as code and automating deployment to public clouds with tools such as Terraform
- Experience with production database management and deployments
- Good understanding of public cloud computing architectures and services. Experienced in the use of cloud native technologies, cloud cybersecurity, and implementation patterns to lower costs, improve speed to market, increase efficiency, and enable innovation.
- Experience leveraging modern technologies to increase velocity and decrease cost of solution delivery
- Strong communication skills with ability to interact with business and customer representatives
- Building collaborative relationships with team members, fostering a productive team environment, and coaching staff with timely meaningful feedback
- Cloud certification on any major cloud provider
- Have built or maintained a large-scale microservice infrastructure application or system, with high degrees of automation
- Experience supporting live production infrastructure, can put out fires under pressure when things go wrong
- A passion for helping your fellow developers be productive
- An appetite for data: analyzing metrics and designing A/B tests to help drive the company’s decisions