Sophos Overview – Cybersecurity Evolved
Sophos is a worldwide leader in next-generation cybersecurity, protecting more than 500,000 organizations and millions of consumers in more than 150 countries from today’s most advanced cyberthreats. Powered by threat intelligence, AI and machine learning from SophosLabs and SophosAI, Sophos delivers a broad portfolio of advanced products and services to secure users, networks and endpoints against ransomware, malware, exploits, phishing and the wide range of other cyberattacks. Sophos provides a single integrated cloud-based management console, Sophos Central – the centerpiece of an adaptive cybersecurity ecosystem that features a centralized data lake that leverages a rich set of open APIs available to customers, partners, developers, and other cybersecurity vendors. Sophos sells its products and services through reseller partners and managed service providers (MSPs) worldwide. Sophos is headquartered in Oxford, U.K. More information is available at www.sophos.com.
The Senior DevOps Engineer will play a key role in the Sophos development process by
facilitating, managing, communicating and automating tasks for the deployment and
configuration of continuous feature builds for multiple development teams. By
leveraging knowledge and expertise in the deployment of SaaS applications and
microservices hosted in the cloud, the DevOps engineer will streamline the process of
quick and frequent automated builds, and help elevate the Sophos development
process to the next level of agility. As a member of the Sophos DevOps team, you will
work closely with software engineers, architects, product management and others to
design and build the foundational toolset and capabilities that allow Sophos
developers to quickly bring new features to market.
- Provide technical leadership to DevOps team by planning and design of DevOps toolset
- and automation.
- Participate in architecture and security reviews for DevOps Projects
- Evangelize cloud technologies and CI/CD solutions for wider engineering teams
- Focus on developing tools and processes for secure development practice.
- Collaborate with multiple feature development teams to identify needs for building
- and deploying their applications.
- Deploy and configure daily iterative builds of applications and containers into Tomcat
- server and Kubernetes clusters for multiple feature development teams. Deploy and
- configure MongoDB test databases with test data.
- Design and implement automation for deployment and configuration tasks.
- Identify cloud infrastructure needs for deployment environments and manage cost.
- Troubleshoot failed builds and deployments. Determine and fix environment and
- configuration issues. Analyze logs and communicate potential code issues to
- development teams.
- Facilitate, manage and communicate information related to environments - their
- current state, deployed versions and availability to developers, QA engineers and
- team members.
- Own and execute Bitbucket, Artifactory and Jenkins-based software configuration and
- release activities in central Git repositories and Jenkins builds, branching, tagging,
- building, releasing.
- Support services and applications 24/7 by participating in an on-call rotation.
Skills & Experience:
The ideal Senior DevOps Engineer candidate is someone who has had hands-on development experience using contemporary open-source Java enterprise technologies, and who has transitioned into the operations aspect of development with knowledge and a keen interest in the automation of deployment and configuration of Java applications in AWS environments. The role requires a versatile skillset that includes providing technical direction in designing CI/CD solution, problem solving, programming, and troubleshooting skills. The role also requires coordination and communication with multiple teams.
- Python, Bash, Chef, Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience developing and supporting Java based applications
- Strong knowledge with scripting languages, preferably Python and Groovy
- Expertise with build tools like Gradle, Maven, Npm
- Experience supporting production grade systems including Linux administration,
- deployment, high availability & durability, practical logging & monitoring, and cost
- optimization in a public cloud, preferably AWS
- Hands on experience with Terraform
- Expert knowledge of AWS services including EC2, ECS, EKS, Fargate, IAM,
- CloudWatch, SQS, SNS, S3
- Container orchestration experience is required preferably with Kubernetes
- Experience with Blue/Green deployments is preferred
- Experience with CI/CD tools and automation methodologies, specifically Jenkins
- Strong knowledge of Docker and the container ecosystem
- Excellent operational knowledge of Linux operating systems
- Some experience with secrets/key management preferably with Hashicorp Vault
- Administration and automation skills with developer tools like Bitbucket,
- Experience with CI/CD automation for DevSecOps tools like Veracode, Blackduck
- Strong knowledge of encryption concepts and SSL/TLS certificates
Sophos is committed to equality opportunity in all areas of its work. All qualified applicants will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.
Job Type : ""
Education Level : ""
Experience Level : ""
Job Function : ""
Apply at: : https://careers.sophos.com/job/Burlington-Senior-Dev-Ops-Engineer-MA-01803/728047502/