Senior DevOps Engineer
We are looking for passionate and experienced software engineers to join our Core Business Systems team. Our team is currently focused on building a world-class enterprise Billing and Payments platform which supports a wide variety of services and is growing.
Founded in 1997, Endurance has grown into an international family of brands that provides small business owners with the tools they need to establish and build their web presence, get found in online search, and connect with customers through social media, email marketing, and more.
Small businesses are a critical part of communities and economies around the globe. Over 28 million small business owners operate in the US alone, providing critical services and driving employment. Unfortunately, the software that serves these hard-working professionals doesn’t always solve their problems or grow with them. Our mission is to serve them better. Do you have what it takes to help small businesses grow? Are you passionate about customers? Do you love celebrating their success? If you answered yes, then this job is for you! Come be part of a team within Endurance that is laser-focused on helping the world's small businesses thrive!
This is a newly created role – we are looking for the right person to take us up into the cloud. Knowledge and interest in security is a plus. If you like to dive in, contribute to many different things and make a difference — we’d like to talk to you.
- As part of our Core Business Systems team, contribute to the development of core services that power the enterprise shared services platform
- Actively participate in a Scrum environment, iterate quickly, and contribute toward key goals
- Engage with Product Management, Development, and Quality Engineering to provide guidance on operability, release and configuration management, infrastructure and application capacity management, and provisioning
- Create, maintain, and document tools and automation for handling system state and operational excellence across complex infrastructure
- Design, implement and maintain instrumentation to provide transparency to application and system state, history, and trends
- Engage with teams across Endurance to share best practices and leverage tools and code for re-use as effectively as possible
- 3+ years of production engineering related experience
- Must have a strong, customer-centric philosophy; a drive to go above and beyond the norm to fully resolve issues
- Expertise in AWS with industry experience using AWS services (EC2, S3, RDS, etc.)
- Experience with AWS Security (IAM, Security Groups, KMS, etc.)
- Ability to design high availability applications on AWS across Availability Zones and Regions
- Knowledge of application deployment and data migration on AWS
- Expertise in DevOps scripting and tools such as Cloud Formation, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to drive adoption of AWS services and company standards of use
- Passion for cloud computing and building large-scale web-based applications
- Experience with Linux/Unix operating systems
- Experience working with Java applications, including tuning, configuration, troubleshooting, etc.
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Deployment tools:
- Source Control software such as Git
- CI tools such as Jenkins/Bamboo or equivalent
- Build automation tools such as Maven/Ant or equivalent
- Configuration management software such as Puppet/Chef/CF Engine or equivalent
- Experience with Artifact repository tools such as Artifactory
- Must be an out-of-the-box thinker willing to challenge conventional approaches and build consensus around innovative solutions
- Experience with JBoss, TomEE, TorqueBox or similar application servers
- Knowledge about cost management and control of resources in AWS
- Expertise in AWS Networking (VPC, DirectConnect, DNS)
- Experience with monitoring and logging at scale
- Experience working with Billing and Payments
- Knowledge of industry related compliance such as Sarbanes-Oxley and PCI