The Director of Infrastructure Engineering will be responsible for providing oversight and guidance for Enterprise Division information technology and business initiatives and for ensuring that technology selection and implementation is in line with business objectives and is accomplished within the time and cost constraints.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, organize and lead technology implementation projects, initiatives, and teams. Ensure that all projects are delivered in a timely manner against stated objectives
- Ensure the most effective utilization of IT resources, including personnel and across the organization
- Work with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations
- Ensure the continuous and secure operation, administration, and maintenance of the company’s IT infrastructure and facilities
- Oversee the assigned Opex and Capex budgets in accordance with company’s financial goals.
- Create effective partnerships and negotiate support agreements with services providers and hardware/software vendors
- Develop, manage and mentor subject matter experts
- Manage vendor relationships and contracts
- Must be able to build relationships with technology and business teams across the company. A strong and outgoing personality is a MUST for this position.
- Interacts routinely with vendors, service providers, consultants/advisors, cloud service providers and professional organizations.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualification:
- BS in computer science or related area. (Prefered)
- Related IT certifications such as ITIL or vendors specific certifications are a plus
- 10+ years IT experience with focus in information technology infrastructure technologies and services
- 10+ years of management experience with leading, developing and mentoring teams
- Knowledge of enterprise network topologies with a thorough understanding of MPLS and SDWAN technologies
- Knowledge of virtualization and container technologies
- Knowledge of database technologies
- Very good understanding of cloud infrastructure design and implementation. Experience in leading infrastructure engineers in a hybrid on-prem/cloud environment
- Knowledge of storage & backup technologies
- Knowledge of VPN, VDI and other remote access technology platforms
- Thorough understanding of physical and virtual data centers
- In depth understanding of telephony and telecommunication technologies
- Experience with network security such as intrusion prevention technologies, proxy, remote access technologies, DDOS mitigation tools
- Extensive experience in infrastructure implementations, upgrades, and maintenance in an enterprise environment
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Director
Job Function : Engineering
Apply at: : https://www.nuance.com/about-us/careers/job-description.html/Senior-Director-Enterprise-Infrastructure-Engineering/56983