Sophos Overview – Cybersecurity Evolved
Sophos is a worldwide leader in next-generation cybersecurity, protecting more than 500,000 organizations and millions of consumers in more than 150 countries from today’s most advanced cyberthreats. Powered by threat intelligence, AI and machine learning from SophosLabs and SophosAI, Sophos delivers a broad portfolio of advanced products and services to secure users, networks and endpoints against ransomware, malware, exploits, phishing and the wide range of other cyberattacks. Sophos provides a single integrated cloud-based management console, Sophos Central – the centerpiece of an adaptive cybersecurity ecosystem that features a centralized data lake that leverages a rich set of open APIs available to customers, partners, developers, and other cybersecurity vendors. Sophos sells its products and services through reseller partners and managed service providers (MSPs) worldwide. Sophos is headquartered in Oxford, U.K. More information is available at www.sophos.com.
As the Sr. ETL developer, you will coordinate a high-performance collaborative team of ETL developers, BI developers and QA engineer ensuring that the approach and delivery of all aspects of the team’s work aligns with departmental policies.
You will also ensure that the quality of all deliveries made by the team meets the defined criteria and engage with groups across the business to enable their team to effectively deliver products and updates that meet customer requirements and expectations.
- Support the DW/BI team by designing, developing, and deploying enterprise-grade data pipelines from external and internal data sources.
- Hands-on involvement in design, development of ETL pipelines, Unit testing etc.
- Responsible for collecting business requirements and design documentation from architects and develop reliable ETL pipelines using Matillion.
- Responsible for the coordination of the production, development, and sandbox environments.
- Work closely with reporting teams to build databases and sources for reporting in Power BI and other tools.
- Leverage monitoring tools to track status of ETL Pipelines for performance and completion.
- Responsible for the transition of documentation, security, development and testing of all procedures in the EDW.
- Influence the team to ensure they are demonstrating best practice and championing the company values
- Incrementally drive and improve system design throughout the project and BAU deliverables
- Responsible to train new staff on ETL architecture, ETL standards and ETL documentation.
- Execute unit tests and validating expected results; iterating until test conditions have passed.
- Participate in peer code reviews.
- Communicate with Project Managers and end users to ensure timelines are agreed upon and being met.
- Participates with varying degree of involvement in cross-functional projects as needed.
- Participate in routine maintenance, performance tuning and support & upgrade of ETL and the DW Environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment and agility to alternate between strategic projects and tactical reporting/analysis requests
- Promote an atmosphere of innovation and result focus
Skills & Experience
- At least 12+ years’ experience in ETL that involves the following:
- Enterprise level ETL development, using 1 to 2 tools like Informatica, Matillion, Microsoft SSIS, Talend etc (Matillion preferred)
- Enterprise class relational data warehouse solutions such as Snowflake, Postgres, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle etc. (Snowflake preferred)
- 5+ years of experience with 1 to 2 Enterprise level Data Visualization Tools such as Power BI, Tableau, MicroStrategy, Pentaho BI etc.
- Experience with relational and dimensional data modeling
- Understanding of Data Lake design, implementation, and organization.
- Proficient with SQL and stored procedures.
- Experience building DataWarehouse, data marts with various source systems like SAP, SFDC, Eloqua, Zuora etc.
- Experience and familiarity with deploying and hosting applications on AWS cloud.
- Strong Technical background and capability to write advance sql queries to do data analysis and mining.
- Demonstrated ability to have driven/completed multiple, complex technical projects
- Proven experience of ongoing education regarding technology trends within software development and support
- Strong business and technical aptitude with an attitude to solve complex problems
- Experience with and/or knowledge of Agile Software Development methodologies (Jira preferred)
- Self-motivated, driven individual who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong team orientation and collaborative style. Flexible demeanour and an ability to get involved in the details while maintain a wider view
- Very fast learner – able to assimilate new technical skills/systems in a very short time.
- Good leadership capabilities
- Effective communication with different types of audiences
Sophos is committed to equality opportunity in all areas of its work. All qualified applicants will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.
If you choose to explore this opportunity, and subsequently share your CV or other personal details with Sophos, these details will be held by Sophos for 12 months in accordance with our data protection policy which can be found here and used by our recruitment team to contact you regarding this or other relevant opportunities at Sophos. If you would like Sophos to delete or update your details at any time, please reply to this or other emails from Sophos clearly stating your request, or follow the steps set out in the data protection policy describing your individual rights. If you have any questions about Sophos’ data protection practices, please contact email@example.com.
Job Type : ""
Education Level : ""
Experience Level : ""
Job Function : ""
Apply at: : https://careers.sophos.com/job/Burlington%2C-MA%2C-USA-Office-Senior-ETL-Developer-Burl-01803/732025002/