The Finance Team at Nuance is seeking a FP&A Analyst in our Burlington office. This role will Assist in driving the multi-year, annual and quarterly forecast processes, developing guidance models and supporting our investor relations team with analysis and commentary on trends, business results and performance to guidance. This role offers broad exposure to the business, finance, accounting and operations teams, as well as an unparalleled level of visibility for a FP&A Analyst with frequent interaction with senior executive leaders, including our CEO, CFO, CRO, Division General Managers and the SVP of Finance. We are looking for an individual who is comfortable not only deep diving into the numbers, but also synthesizing, summarizing, and communicating (written/PPT and verbally) their findings and recommendations. The position requires attention to detail, self-motivation to be accountable to deliverables and deadlines and an ability to tell the numbers story.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partner with BU Finance, Sales Operations, Accounting, and BU Operations to understand key business drivers, new dynamics in the business, risks, and opportunities. Leverage these findings to produce insightful commentary and actionable insights for Corporate, Finance, and Divisions senior leadership.
- Support the quarterly Guidance and Earnings cadence with both retrospective analysis as well as prospective-focused outlooks; conduct ad-hoc analysis to support senior leadership in better understanding business drivers, allowing them to effectively relay Nuance’s value proposition to the market.
- Support the development of the annual operating plan and target setting processes, balancing trends, risks, and opportunities in the business lines with corporate growth goals.
- Maintain a set of data-driven models, dashboards, and reports, while continuously looking for ways to improve their functionality.
- In conjunction with Accounting, BU Finance, and Sales Operations, support the quarterly royalty accrual process.
- On a monthly basis, assess the impact of fluctuations of foreign exchange rates on Nuance’s operations.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics or Accounting.
Work Experience: 4+ years
- Strong Microsoft Excel experience (Pivot Tables, vLookup)
- Self-directed, self-motivated and demonstrated experience providing ideas and solutions to further business understanding.
- Must be able to listen and interpret the requirements of internal clients, plan accordingly and exceed expectations.
- Exemplifies initiative, intelligence, strong attention to detail, and integrity in striving for continuous process improvement – a “right first time” approach.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as, strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated financial modeling knowledge and skills.
- Analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills.
- Practical core accounting tasks and work experience
- Ability to navigate SalesForce or a comparable CRM system
- Experience with Financial Systems (Hyperion, Oracle etc.)
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : Finance
Apply at: : https://www.nuance.com/about-us/careers/job-description.html/Senior-Financial-Analyst/57328