Senior Incident Response Analyst
Sophos Managed Threat Response (MTR) is an elite team of threat hunters and incident response experts who work on behalf of our customers to investigate and neutralize the most sophisticated of threats.
As a Senior Incident Response Analyst, you will work with customers who are experiencing an active cyber incident, to quickly investigate, contain and assist with their recovery. You will work with both large and small organizations across multiple countries and levels of technical maturity.
- Investigate, contain and respond to cyber incidents, helping customers through difficult and stressful times, that may involve nontraditional working hours.
- Perform incident response investigations, containment and root cause analysis activities across multiple platforms including Windows, Mac, Linux/Unix estates
- Utilize Sophos tools to conduct large-scale investigations and examine endpoint and network based evidence
- Develop and continuously improve incident response methods and countermeasures
- Produce high-quality written and verbal communications, recommendations, and findings to customer stakeholders
- Recognize and codify attacker tools, tactics, and procedures that can be applied to current and future investigations and tooling
- Work with SophosLabs, security and IT teams to implement remediation plans in response to security incidents
- Maintain awareness of current cyber security tools and threat landscape in order to advise customers appropriately
Skills and attributes for success
- Resolution of security incidents by identifying root cause and security posture improvement recommendations
- Demonstrate a professional, calm, and expert manner at all times, while also being able to show leadership during stressful situations
Skills & Experience
- 3+ years of experience conducting incident response investigations in a methodical manner for organizations and investigating targeted threats impacting customer environments
- Deep understanding of security threats, vulnerabilities and ‘Living of the Land’ techniques
- Open to work outside of standard business hours including weekends and holidays
- Able to thrive within a team environment as well as on an individual basis
- Network and Endpoint security experience; IDS, IPS, EDR, Malware defenses and monitoring experience
- Threat hunting experience preferred
- Experience administering and supporting Windows and one of the following: Apple or Linux based operating systems, both workstations and server (e.g. XP, Windows 7, 2003, 2008, OS X)
- Understanding of Windows event log analysis
- Advanced Information Security certifications preferred but not required
Sophos is committed to equality opportunity in all areas of its work. All qualified applicants will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : ""
Experience Level : ""
Job Function : ""
Apply at: : https://www.sophos.com/en-us/company/careers.aspx