Senior Information Developer
Come join us at Progress! We are looking for an Information Developer to produce content for our new Information Hub. It is an exciting time for our team as we build a modern, accessible content platform for our customers and Partners. Help us design and produce a variety of user assets including videos, tutorials, and online training. This role is located in our Bedford, MA headquarters.
About the Team:
The OpenEdge Content team’s mission is to deliver a persona-based, self-serviced, crowd-sourced, measurable experience through compelling content to rapidly enable our customers, partners and employees to be successful with our products and technology.
About the Role:
As an OpenEdge Information Developer, you will:
- Understand our technology and how it works to address real business challenges
- Apply creativity to solve complex problems and offer a new perspective on existing solutions
- Ideate, design, create and implement content that is engaging and just-in-time consumable for Progress users, Partners, and employees
- Produce a variety of medium, including but not limited to documentation, videos, webinars, structured walk-throughs, tutorials, User Guides, instructor led-training, online training, self-service resources, whitepapers, assessment exams, certifications
- Move between projects in a fast-paced Agile environment, simultaneously managing multiple projects, to meet deliverable deadlines
- Interview subject matter experts and analyze product requirements and user stories to write technical end-user content related to installing/upgrading software, configuring and using software, using reporting tools, planning and executing data loads and migrations, and integrating applications with each other and with third-party applications or external systems
- Test software, make recommendations, report technical problems or inconsistencies, and validate end-user content for consistency with product functionality
- Follow and contribute to company content development standards and library of terms; develop content with approved templates, guidelines, and best practices; suggest process efficiencies and improvements; participate in peer reviews.
- A technical B.A./B.S. degree or equivalent experience
- Four+ years of technical content writing experience
- Capacity to quickly adopt process and tooling to produce a variety of content formats
- Ability to work well both independently and within a strong, collaborative, Agile team environment
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Works independently; receives minimal guidance; Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience
- Samples of published content for review (documentation, courseware, tutorials, etc.) are required
Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
To apply to the role: https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=oio99fwI&s=MassTLC