Senior Network Development Engineer
Job Locations US-MA-Burlington | CA-ON-Toronto
Category Network Engineering
Founded in 2004, NetBrain is the market leader disrupting the network automation space. Its ground-breaking automation platform leverages the power of dynamic maps to provide CIOs and network teams with end-to-end network visibility while enabling adaptive automation across the organization’s physical, virtual and software-defined networks. Today, over 2,000 of the world’s largest enterprises and managed services providers leverage NetBrain’s platform to automate network documentation, troubleshooting, and change management.
“NetBrain’s success is due to our people, and over the years, we have been fortunate to attract top talent because of our unique culture and exciting mission to transform the network management industry.” - Lingping Gao, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of NetBrain
GROW WITH US!
Do you have enterprise network engineering experience and a desire to advance your skills in the direction of DevOps engineering? Are you someone who enjoys helping people and strives to continuously improve the status quo?
Can you participate in conversations with technical audiences and be enthusiastic about presenting to customers? NetBrain is redefining the way Network Engineers do their work. Imagine you have a scripting platform designed specifically to automate your work and make it visualized. As a Network Development Engineer, you will be responsible for researching network technologies, communicating with customers (your Network Engineer peers), and designing / developing code.
• Research network technologies (SDN, virtualization, Cloud, security, etc.) and how to support them within the NetBrain product offering
• Meeting with customer to clarify requirements, quickly address and resolve problems, and collect relevant data
• Understand customer requirements and translate the requirements into the NetBrain platform
• Write Python code and/or build NetBrain plugins
• Perform unit and integration testing
• Provide crucial feedback for our Product Management and Development teams to continuously improve the platform
• Master’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering or equivalent
• CCNA or equivalent level of network engineering knowledge
• Understanding of a mainstream network vendor such as Cisco, Juniper, Checkpoint, F5, etc.
• Strong coding skills in an object-oriented language (Python preferred)
• Experience in both network management and software development is a plus
• Experience in cloud operation, SDN, DevOPs is a big plus
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ideal candidate will have a combination of programming as well as solid network fundamentals
• English/Chinese bilingual