Senior Product Marketing Manager
We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a Senior Product Marketing Manager in our OpenEdge group in Bedford, MA office.
You’ll be part of the Progress Core Product team working closely with the product marketing team. You will focus on the Progress OpenEdge product line in a strategic role that defines the WHO, the WHY and the HOW acting as the voice of the market and the customer. You will work closely with the product management, global field marketing and sales team in executing a winning GTM strategy partnering with Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) and selling to enterprise organizations.
WHAT YOU’LL DO IN THIS ROLE:
- GTM Strategy: Develop an overall business GTM strategy for our app development platform, working with cross-functional teams to set, monitor and achieve financial and market share objectives. This includes market segmentation, persona definition, channel strategy, pricing promotions, and other standard GTM initiatives.
- Messaging & Positioning: Create differentiated product positioning and messaging, value props, use cases, and associated content to be leveraged globally by sales, marketing and partners.
- Content Strategy: Build a content strategy that supports the buyer’s journey, nurtures technology adoption and increases brand loyalty of existing base.
- Enablement: Be an app dev subject matter expert to reframe marketing messaging to a one-to-one sales conversation that supports positioning and objection handling through live presentations, online learning tools, playbooks, sales decks, tools to support the global sales teams and ISV/consulting channel.
- Product Launch: Define and drive the GTM launch for all new product releases project managing through key stakeholders and cross-functional team
- Market Intelligence: Be the expert on your buyer personas, how they buy, buying criteria, competition and how to win
- Support Global Demand Gen: Collaborate on winning marketing plan and support marketing campaign efforts (e.g., channel marketing, events, webinars, AR/PR, social, blogs, etc.)
- Market Requirements Analysis: Provide product management with prioritized customer requirements to help shape product roadmap
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE, WE NEED SOMEONE WHO HAS:
- Extensive product marketing experience within the application development space or similar technology
- Willingness to travel globally 25%
- BS or BA in IT, communications, or tech-centric degrees, or equivalent experience
- Bonus points for MBA though not required to have it
- Demonstrated history of creating standard GTM strategy plans with proven results
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills with high comfort level speaking on webinars, conferences, and industry events
- Demonstrated history of effective pitch decks, sales plays, and marketing messaging for blogs, social, emails, etc.
- Critical thinking to help with analysis of business, market and competitive trends
- Self-motivated, inquisitive about the market and emerging trends and an ability to carefully listen to and act on customer feedback
- Ability to influence and manage multiple stakeholders across diverse backgrounds
Here at Progress, we truly care about your employee experience. It is important to us for our employees to balance their work and home life, obtain viable options for their health and wellness, grow their career, and plan for financial success.
The Progress benefits package is designed to recognize the diverse needs of our work force. We offer a variety of benefits for your health care needs, including four medical plans that meet any need or budget. Take advantage of our financial benefits, including an Employee Stock Purchasing Plan and a 401(k) with a company match! In addition to a variety of options to continue your career growth, Progress offers a generous Tuition Reimbursement program.
Progress provides flexibility to our employees through Flexible Vacation Time, Flexible Hours, and telecommuting options. Take time to bond with your newest family addition through our Parental Leave options. Or celebrate you by enjoying a birthday holiday! You can even give back to the community through our community service time off.
Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!