Senior Program Leader (Product Owner) – Systems Engineering
This position is assigned to Shell TechWorks (STW). For more information about Shell TechWorks, please visit their website: http://www.shell.com/global/future-energy/innovation/innovate-with-shell/shell-techworks.html.
Systems Thinking and Engineering represent core capabilities of Shell TechWorks, allowing us to visualize and analyze complex problems and rapidly develop robust novel solutions/products that bring incredible value to the larger Shell organization and, in the process, help to transform the energy industry as a whole!
The Senior Program Leader is an experienced system thinker with a solid business acumen and a firm grasp of every element in technical product development as it relates to systems engineering, which may include: concept ideation, requirements development, architectural and detailed design, analysis (modeling and simulation), prototyping, test/verification and design transition to manufacturing and/or commercialization partners.
The Senior Program Leader, that STW refers to internally as Product Owner (PO), is the overall leader of a program within Shell TechWorks and has ample freedom to make the necessary decisions to maximize the value delivered to the customer. The PO position encompasses three distinct yet overlapping roles: Program Leader, Product Manager, and Project Manager. Each of these roles is described below.
As the Program Leader, the PO:
- Owns and champions the program on behalf of Shell TechWorks and is ultimately responsible for program success
- Has responsibility, accountability, and authority to determine “what” the team develops and ensures that this produces the most business value for internal customers/stakeholders
- Provides consistent leadership and care to team members
As the Product Manager, the PO:
- Represents the voice of the customer by understanding the customer’s needs and transforming those needs into deliverables ready to be used by the customer.
- Creates the product vision and roadmap, determining the key objectives and outputs for the program, which may include: articulating and executing steps for technology development, vendor selection, commercialization and/or implementation strategy to drive intended program value
- Is responsible for the quality of deliverables
- Identifies new business opportunities with the customer
As the Project Manager, the PO:
- Manages the budget, schedule, and other resources for the program
- Reports program status and metrics to STW management and key stakeholders
- Coordinates with the STW communications team to maximize the visibility of the program outcomes within the company
The candidate will be responsible for ensuring a healthy, safe, secure and environmentally conscious work environment is maintained at all times and by all staff, in compliance with corporate policies and federal and state regulations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in science or engineering, Master’s Degree or equivalent experience preferred
- 10 years of experience developing products that require complex coordination of resources and stakeholders and proven record of taking products from inception to commercialization
- 10 years of technical experience across two or more industries, including startup environments
- Experience managing programs using Agile development principles, using Scrum, etc.
The following personal traits or abilities are critical for success:
- Entrepreneurial and proactive spirit
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and a high level of emotional intelligence
- Leverages knowledge about industry trends, competitors, and changing regulations across the broad environment to advance the product portfolio
- Collaborates effectively with multi-disciplinary teams and identifies the interconnections between them
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams to build effective processes
- Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team
- Informs STW management and other stakeholders of key customer issues, identifies potential problems or conflicts and resolves them when necessary
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25% domestically or internationally
TechWorks is invested in maintaining its inclusive, fun, and close-knit culture. We provide generous training and development opportunities for employees, in addition to compensation, benefits, and vacation. Every day we work to provide an environment where all employees feel valued and included, able to nurture their talent as individuals and as part of a collaborative team.
A diverse and inclusive workplace, embedded in our principles of honesty, integrity and respect, brings together remarkable people and enables them to be themselves. At Shell, you will be able to apply and develop your skills and knowledge as part of a collaborative team that is helping to innovate and play a part in building a better energy future.
This role is based in a vibrant office environment located in Boston’s Seaport District. Cenergy International Services (CIS) is a dynamic company that supplies expert workforce solutions to the oil and gas industry, with offices around the world. This position is assigned to Shell TechWorks. CIS offers a generous compensation, benefits and vacation package.
Please apply directly to the position at https://shelltechworks.webhr.co/jobs/home/ by submitting a cover letter and resume for consideration.
Job Type : ""
Education Level : ""
Experience Level : ""
Job Function : ""
Apply at: : https://shelltechworks.webhr.co/jobs/home/